Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222362 times)

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »
Thanks to Blick & Ken as the issue was indeed fixed changing gauges.js LINE 65

from './realtimegaugesWC.txt'

to '../../realtimegaugesWC.txt'

which moved correctly addressed realtimegaugesWC.txt to the same directory as http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »
Thanks to Blick & Ken as the issue was indeed fixed changing gauges.js LINE 65

from './realtimegaugesWC.txt'

to '../../realtimegaugesWC.txt'

which moved realtimegaugesWC.txt to the same directory as http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm
To be precise, the '../../realtimegaugestWC.txt' addressing just allowed a page in steel/web_server/ to access the file two directories up .. no files were 'moved'.. just addressed correctly based on their current location in the website's document tree.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2016, 09:58:49 PM »
"Relatives" can be such problems... [banghead] [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2016, 10:52:28 PM »
My SteelGauge page is functioning except for the popup graphs.

http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm

I turned to the wiki and copied the example text below into TextWrangler and have saved it as image_upload.html

I moved it to my website in the top directory of steel folder which is how I read the directions...I am again making an error.

Please advise and accept my apology in advance for not "getting it."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>image_upload</TITLE>
<META http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

GRTEMPO$<BR>
GRDEW$<BR>
GRHUMO$<BR>
GRWINDCH$<BR>
GRHEATI$<BR>
GRSOLAR$<BR>
GRUV$<BR>
GRWINDD$<BR>
GRWINDS$<BR>
GRPRESSURE$<BR>
GRCLOUDB$<BR>
GRRAIN1$<BR>
GRRAIN24$<BR>
GRHUMI$<BR>
GRTEMPI$<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:57 PM »
The file should be uploaded to the same directory to which you are uploading all of your SteelSeries data. For example, FTP it to the same directory to which you are uploading realtimegaugesWC.txt.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2016, 12:23:46 AM »
It's all about the relative directory navigation.. since your basic page is two directories down the document tree, and the data is being uploaded two directories up from there, the '../../' will cause the file to be loaded from two directories up.

Ken, thanks for clarifying.
Blick

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
Relatives
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »
"Relatives" can be such problems... [banghead] [lol]
LOL! So true . . .
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:34 PM »
Schwab:

I see you have the SteelSeries Gauges properly sorted on your website. They look great. Glad you figured it out.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2016, 07:10:51 AM »
I have recently added two websites to the list of sites using SteelSeries Gauges in the wiki at http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges#How_to_configure_the_SteelSeries_Gauges_for_WeatherCat

If any of you are using the SteelSeries Gauges on your website but are not listed in that section of the wiki, let me know and I will add you.

Edouard, now that the Buick is running, you need to add these gauges to your template.  :)
Blick

Chippa05

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Mac Mini 10.9
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »
Hi All

I am having an issue with the FTP upload of my Simple Web and Custom Web pages - both were working fine until 11am yesterday morning.

I can access the directory fine through FTP client (CyberDuck) but not within WC.

Once details are entered and I press the "Test" button it causes WC to generate an error "not responding"

The log (attached) indicates that on occasions the server cannot be reached but most of the time it looks like the files are being FTP but they do not appear.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be happening? I'm stumped.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »
WeatherCat uploads your files in batches and will only report one error per batch. In this case, the server is not responding.

If all was working fine then suddenly stopped, and you haven't changed anything, then the most likely cause is a change at the server end.

Either they are blocking WeatherCat (it happens when they think you are uploading too frequently, or have had a batch of consecutive bad logins due to something like incorrect password) or some change at the server which has affected something like permissions or allowable access frequency.

Try switching off FTP for a few hours, then re-enabling (sometime auto-blocks need to see activity for a certain time before re-enabling access). If that doesn't work then you'll have to investigate further - contact your ISP to see if they are blocking you.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2016, 01:01:46 AM »
Make sure you are seeing an updated page in your FTP app. Fetch only updates some things, like the files uploaded date manually. While it always show an added file, it may appear to have the 'old' date.

BTW, even though you have an expert replying (Stu, not me!) you might get more replies my reposting in a different section of the forums, most people would probably see this thread only if they used the Steel Gauges templates. I'd suggest the General Computing/Macintosh or the WeatherCat General Discussion. :)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2016, 08:54:35 PM »
Mark:

I am attempting to improve the way the gauges display on an iPhone and have a couple of questions.
  • Is there anything I can do to adjust popup graphs so they display in the horizontal center? See the attached screenshot from my phone. When I tap on the left gauge, the popup window is offscreen and cannot be "pulled" back onscreen.
  • In guages.js, what does the mobile scaling code do (approx line 39)? I have played with the setting but cannot see it makes any difference on my iPhone. See code below:
Code: [Select]
gaugeMobileScaling: 0.65,                   //scaling factor to apply when displaying the gauges mobile devices, set to 1 to disable (default 0.85)
Thanks mate.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2016, 12:44:16 AM »
On a desktop screen, does that pop-up window center itself on the respective gauge ay the same general vertical position as your screen shot? I suspect the javscript is creating 'position' values based on the center of the gauge rather than the bounds of the screen. I'll bet Mark can fix that! [cheer]

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #389 on: July 27, 2016, 10:47:59 PM »
Sorry, I had missed this one.
Yes, I have fixed this in the latest cut on the code - not yet released.

In gauges.js, towards the end, look for...
positiontooltip: function ($, $tooltip, e) {

Just before the last line of that function add the following (previous last line included below)...
            // last ditch attempt to keep the graphs 'on page'
            x = Math.max(x, 0);
            y = Math.max(y, 0);
            $tooltip.css({left: x, top: y});

See if that works any better...
Mark