Author Topic: Another missing function in Sierra  (Read 1613 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Another missing function in Sierra
« on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:46 PM »
Console Loses Its Memory, TidBITS, Oct 14, 2016
This is one of five functions missing in the newest OS. Scroll a bit over half way down the article to see the details.

There are work-arounds, none particularly recommended. I've not switched to macOS 10.12, so I'm not affected by this, yet. But being able to view historical info in the logs is a common method of trouble-shooting. The replaced Console disables this capability. [banghead]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Back to the UNIX way . . (Re: Another missing function in Sierra)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:29:41 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat troubleshooters, . . .

Console Loses Its Memory, TidBITS, Oct 14, 2016
This is one of five functions missing in the newest OS. Scroll a bit over half way down the article to see the details.

Sorry to see this.  UNIX oldtimers will go back working with the logs as they did before OS X console, but all this seems rather silly.  Console isn't for neophytes, so Apple should have made it for the power-users who understand how it works.

I can't help but suspect that this was a piece of software that was supposed to have more functionality but they ran out of time to implement the intended functionality.

Oh well, . . . . Edouard