Author Topic: WeatherCat Not Updating  (Read 3448 times)

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
WeatherCat Not Updating
« on: July 07, 2015, 02:52:21 AM »
We have 3 weatherstations running the latest WeatherCat software ... they also report to the Wunderground

The #2 and #3 stations are NOT updating the webpage but are updating their Wunderground pages...this issue just started today July 6th

1.  www.schwab1.com   http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMNROCHE24

2. www.ischwabs.com   http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KILPEORI3

3. www.leisure-gardens.com http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KFLPOMPA20

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
Re: WeatherCat Not Updating
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:29:35 AM »
Problem solved...not sure how or why...but status is now OK for all three stations

[bounce]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 03:55:54 AM »
Sure! All you have to do is post a question here! The WC software also monitors this forum and when it sees you are reporting a problem, it simply corrects it. The Dev is amazing! Right! [tup] 8)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:20:24 AM »
All you have to do is post a question here! The WC software also monitors this forum and when it sees you are reporting a problem, it simply corrects it.

I love this feature and use it several times a year.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
Lol.

Seriously though, normally when there's an issue with some system a message will be logged to WeatherCat's log window - always worth checking there for information (Tools menu->Log).

Alternatively, the Status window (Tools->Status) will show the last known status of:
FTP, Wunderground, Custom CGI, CWOP, Custom Web, simple web, webcam, station comms and the internal watchdog.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Really . . . . (Re: WeatherCat Not Updating )
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »
Dear schwab, X-Air, Blick, Stu, and WeatherCat "genie" fans, . . .

Sure! All you have to do is post a question here! The WC software also monitors this forum and when it sees you are reporting a problem, it simply corrects it. The Dev is amazing! Right! [tup] 8)

[wink] . . . . Really?   [bounce] . . . . Well, I'm having a problem with WeatherCat's reporting of rainfall . . . . there isn't enough rainfall here in California!! . . . .  [biggrin]

Well, with the drought we've got around here . . . . . . . . I'm willing to try just about anything!! . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
Sorry, Edouard, but I think that's a hardware problem. Stu, is good, but he ain't that good! [banghead]

Just heard hat Lake Mead is now down 151 feet from 14 years ago when the drought started in the Colorado River basin. :(

glenwood

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7759
    • KWAGLENW2
    • Glenwood Washington Weather
  • Station Details: macOS Monterey 12.6.8 Davis Vantage Pro2: WeatherCat
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »
Since it worked for Schwab to post here, I'm going to give it a try.  For several weeks now, WeatherCat sends a message that it is no longer updating.  "Station Driver Failure". 

For now, that is all I will say.  Hopefully this will correct the problem.   ;)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
Are you sure it wasn't "Station Wagon Driver Failure"? [lol]

OTOH, perhaps it's talking about the driver we have to install to get the Console to talk in USB, rather than RS232. I'll do a search here in a bit and can be more specific about its name and source...

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Can't fail if it cannot be . . . driven! (Was: WeatherCat Not Updating )
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:24 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat . . . wiseguys!  ;D

Are you sure it wasn't "Station Wagon Driver Failure"? [lol]

[wink] . . . Oh I'm completely sure there wasn't any failures of da' driver of da' station wagon . . . Since da' wagon cannot be driven without an engine - I can't go wrong!!  [biggrin]

On the other hand, da' electrician for da' wagon continues to fall further and further behind.  Worse still, I just realized my plan to make the daytime running likes work - won't . . . .

Time to come up with - yet another - Plan-B . . . .

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 11:45:03 PM »
How about one of these options:

Maybe you could mount these between the front and back doors. I think you'd also need to install a propane tank and run some tubing...

OR

These could just be welded just behind the windshield on the roof. They might even run on gasoline!

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
glenwood, I'm thinking of the Silicon Labs USB drivers mentioned in <this thread>. It gets updated occasionally, perhaps that's what you need?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Back to Blacque Jacque Shellacque . . . (Was: WeatherCat Not Updating)
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:45 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat classic car saboteurs . . . .

How about one of these options:

In a situation like this there is only one thing left to say . . . . .

In the voice of Blacque Jacque Shellacque:

THIS!?!?!?!??!??  Is being saved!?!??!??!??!?

For those who missed the previous screening, here is the relevant snippet on You-Tube:

https://youtu.be/8RDXPbi4gfo?t=2m23s