Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222175 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »
Hi Weathercat Fans

SinceI can't get the gauges to work on my web site is there a way to get them to work on my desk top
Thanks
 [cheers1]

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
  • Station Details: Oregon WMR200, MAC OS X 10.10, WeatherCat V2
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 05:40:32 AM »
Randall,
Can you supply me with a link to where you have them on your site? I will take a look and see if I can spot the problem.

Col.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:37 AM »
Just want to report that everything fine here - found how to change the background to fit to my site. Looks very  8) !
Here you can see the results: http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/steelgauges/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Thanks again to all brave helpers!

[cheers1]
Reinhard
Reinhard

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2013, 11:16:21 AM »
Love the Steel background you are using. Glad that everything is working ok.

Col.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
I have updated the Wiki page at http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges but I would like someone to check it out to make sure I haven't missed a step somewhere.

There are two option paths you could follow with these instructions:

Option 1) The gauges will be located in the root level of your website (i.e. http://www.yourpage.com/gauges-ss-basic.htm)
Option 2) The gauges will be located in a subfolder of the root level of your website (i.e. http://www.yourpage.com/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm)

Please let me know if there is anything more that needs to be added (or changed) in these instructions.

Col.

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
Hi Col
 Thanks for the help here is the http://randysweatheronthehill-usa.com/gauges-ss/gauges-ss-basic.htm
I have tried both of your options and get about the same thing
thanks
 [cheers1]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:20:17 PM by Randall75 »

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »
Hi Col,
maybe it should be better explained that before "Open WeatherCat Preferences --> Online --> Custom Web --> Additional Files" someone should make a copy of "realtimegaugesWC.txt" and store it somewhere where it can be found easily. Because this is the only file that is needed on the local computer to be processed - all other files within the "steels folder" are ftp'd to the server and not needed on the local computer any more. For me I did store it in the Custom Web folder.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
Hi Weathercat Fans
 If get this correctly the only file that WC needs to process is realtimegaugesWC.txt and if so why can't I take it after WC processes it and put it in the gauges-ss folder on my desk top and get it to work there until 5 switch web hosting company would like to just see them work on my computer
thanks

WxOwl

• Gentle Breeze
    • W6DSP AT649
    • KINHUNTI6
    • W6DSP Home Page
  • Station Details: Davis VP2, 24hr fars, MacMini Server-OS10.13
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »
Hi Col and all,

I have the steel gauges working on my web site. Followed the wiki instructions okay, but had to make a couple of changes due to having the custom web additional files already being used for my Saratoga format site. WeatherCat uploads all additional files to the FTP address specified in the custom web setup - in my case another existing subdirectory.    The additional ss files coexist without any problem.     
Line 19 was changed to:   '/subdirectory/',
and line 43 changed to :  '/subdirectory/reltimegaugesWC.txt',

The wiki final paragraph under "Final steps . . . " implies the additional files will ALWAYS be in the root directory when in fact they will be in the folder specified by the Custom Web FTP setup. 
       [ www.w6dsp.org/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm]

Thanks to Col and all those who brought us this great addition.   [tup]

Now if I can just figure out how Reinhard got that great looking background !

Regards,
David

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
I'd love to see the page you set up.  I am also running the Saratoga template.  What is the url to your site?

Thanks!

Nowait

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2013, 10:04:17 PM »
Hi Col
 Thanks for the help here is the http://weatheronthehill.6te.net/gauges-ss/gauges-ss-basic.htm
I have tried both of your options and get about the same thing
thanks
 [cheers1]
Randall,
The error that is causing the problem is that your page cannot load the gauges.js file. It is looking for the file at http://weatheronthehill.6te.net/gauges-ss/scripts/gauges.js but for some reason it does not appear to be there. Are you able to FTP into your site and confirm that the file exists and is in that location?

Col.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »
Hi Col,
maybe it should be better explained that before "Open WeatherCat Preferences --> Online --> Custom Web --> Additional Files" someone should make a copy of "realtimegaugesWC.txt" and store it somewhere where it can be found easily. Because this is the only file that is needed on the local computer to be processed - all other files within the "steels folder" are ftp'd to the server and not needed on the local computer any more. For me I did store it in the Custom Web folder.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Actually that is a good point. You could leave the file where it is in the folder structure or you could move it to a location that makes more sense to you. I will change the Wiki page to reflect your suggestion.

Col.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »

Hello David,
for adding an individual background image you have to edit the code in the gauges-ss.css:
Code: [Select]
body {
font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
text-align: left;
        background-image: url(/regenmetal.jpg);
}
I added the 4th line, and pointed the css to the place where the desired background pattern is stored on your web directory.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »

Hello David,
for adding an individual background image you have to edit the code in the gauges-ss.css:
Code: [Select]
body {
font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
text-align: left;
        background-image: url(/regenmetal.jpg);
}
I added the 4th line, and pointed the css to the place where the desired background pattern is stored on your web directory.

Cheers,
Reinhard

Thanks Reinhard. Have now added these instructions to the Wiki page as well.

Col.

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »
Hi col
Yes everything is being uploaded there I have tried everything here is a snap of the root directory