Author Topic: Review of Vantage Vue  (Read 1616 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Review of Vantage Vue
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »
TechHive has a new review of the Vantage Vue, with some accurate comments about Davis Instruments in general. It's an interesting read. There are links there to reviews on Netatmo and AcuRite.

https://www.techhive.com/article/3121332/software-weather/davis-vantage-vue-wireless-weather-station-review.html
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I hope Davis reads it! (Re: Review of Vantage Vue )
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat Davis fans and owners,

TechHive has a new review of the Vantage Vue, with some accurate comments about Davis Instruments in general. It's an interesting read. There are links there to reviews on Netatmo and AcuRite.

Yes indeed this is a very interesting article that mirrors what a lot of us think about Davis.  I am worried about this company because it is completely privately held.  Such companies are usually slow to respond to competition and clearly they have been caught resting on their laurels.  Will they respond aggressively before their market share is badly eroded?  Otherwise they could lose their dominant position and perhaps even go out of business.

Cheers, Edouard