Author Topic: Something is Attwirp!  (Read 2182 times)

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Something is Attwirp!
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »
The strangest think happened this morning! I was trying to post a reply in the thread about the vandals and each time I clicked on the post button, the URL would highlight as though it was trying to shake hands with the server, but nothing would happen. It didn't time out. It didn't post. Nothing. I opened another tab and navigated the site with several page loads. All seemed to be working fine. So, I copied my text to the desktop and restarted Safari. Same story. Navigation worked. Posting didn't. I tried other websites. All loaded fine, except Facebook. It locked up the URL the same way just trying to log in.

So in desperation, I restarted the computer. Now all is well! ? I've never seen this before. Any ideas? It must be related to security, but something is attwirp!

Herb
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Which is your default browser? (Re: Something is Attwirp!)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:51:34 PM »
Hi Herb and WeatherCat Internet surfers,

The strangest think happened this morning! I was trying to post a reply in the thread about the vandals and each time I clicked on the post button, the URL would highlight as though it was trying to shake hands with the server, but nothing would happen. It didn't time out. It didn't post. Nothing. I opened another tab and navigated the site with several page loads. All seemed to be working fine. So, I copied my text to the desktop and restarted Safari. Same story. Navigation worked. Posting didn't. I tried other websites. All loaded fine, except Facebook. It locked up the URL the same way just trying to log in.

So in desperation, I restarted the computer. Now all is well! ? I've never seen this before. Any ideas? It must be related to security, but something is attwirp!

Wish I had a suggestion, but I don't know of anything.  Which browser do you use for routine surfing? (since it wasn't Safari.)  The only thing I can add is that my former favorite classic Buick forum was found to have Trojan malware installed on it this morning according to Google spiders.  Clearly forum software is coming under siege these days. 

Oh well, . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Re: Something is Attwirp!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:26:52 AM »
Edouard, I use Safari all the time. I have both Chrome and Firefox installed, but I can't remember the last time I opened either one.

Maybe a subroutine of OS X crashed without error trapping.
Herb