Author Topic: 5min wind average  (Read 2744 times)

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
5min wind average
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »
All,

Does anyone know a way to get weathercat to output, via custom web, the 5 min wind average speed, direction?

I'm trying to, because I "can", graph weather data in Cacti, and that's the number I'm looking for... I don't see an easy way to do it short of calculating myself.
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
Re: 5min wind average
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
looks like this data is already in the sql output from weathercat... I'll just use that! =)
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Look's like the best mousetrap (Re: 5min wind average)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Dear Staze and WeatherCat fans,

looks like this data is already in the sql output from weathercat... I'll just use that! =)

That's probably the only option you have.  I don't see any way to access the 5 minute wind averages directly.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
    • Cecil County Maryland Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Re: 5min wind average
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »

Hi Staze,

I use STAT$WINDSPEED:AVERAGE:HRS(0.17)$ where the "0.17" is just 10 ? 60 since I post a 10 minute average.  You could change that value to whatever you want. 

Not sure if you can do something similar for the direction but worth trying.  Perhaps someone else will know.

Good luck!

Jay