Author Topic: Accuweather's winter forecast  (Read 2224 times)

awilltx

Accuweather's winter forecast
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Wouldn't bet on it. (Re: Accuweather's winter forecast)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »
Dear Alan and WeatherCat climate watchers,

Could be an interesting winter for some due to El Ni?o.

Thanks for posting.  It is very interesting, but I worry this forecast relies too much on the assumption that El Ni?o will produce essentially the same sort of effects as we have seen in the past.  I've seen enough changes in the climate that I don't think that a safe assumption anymore.  So I'll believe in strong rainfall in California when . . . . the rains finally come!

Cheers, Edouard

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
Re: Accuweather's winter forecast
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 02:18:38 AM »
Another vote of "I will believe it when it comes".  All summer the forecast was for greater chance of precipitation where I live due to the forming El Nino.  But for me it was the Summer of Sprinkles.  No significant precipitation events since May.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:28:55 PM »
Hmm, I'll be on the other side of the pond next week - it'll be interesting to see how it compares to here at this time of the year (which is just turning 'chilly')

LesCimes

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9832
    • KGAGRACE1
    • Weather Underground
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on a MacMini (2009) Mac OS 10.11.6
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 01:20:03 AM »
Hmm, I'll be on the other side of the pond next week
Hi Stu, will you be anywhere near WeatherCat fans? Seems like we all owe you a Guiness or maybe a local brew.