Author Topic: iOS Client Bugs  (Read 12204 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iOS Client Bugs
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
Please put your descriptions of problems with the iOS client in this topic. Include any steps for reproducing the problem. If the App crashes, try to make it crash again and tell how you did it.

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
Re: iOS Client Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
iOS app, does not work with LWC2, but did find WeatherCat..
Still NOT sure waht I need to update to, WeatherCat or LWC2 latest?..

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Client will only work with WeatherCat (Re: iOS Client Bugs)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
Dear N8NOE and WeatherCat fans,

iOS app, does not work with LWC2, but did find WeatherCat..
Still NOT sure waht I need to update to, WeatherCat or LWC2 latest?..

The iOS client will only work with WeatherCat.  WeatherCat is an evolution of LWC, but not the same program and in particular Stu revised the protocol between the main program and any connected clients.  So if you want to run the iOS client, you'll need to upgrade to da' Cat!  [cat]  Fortunately, WeatherCat converts all your data, preferences files and so.  It is about as painless an upgrade process as has ever existed.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

dogear

• Gentle Breeze
    • Dilligaf Ranch
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 fan aspirated, UV and Solar, Mac Mini Dedicated, OS 10.6.8
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »
Version 1.0 (120402) daily precitation only seems to work whilst its actually raining. The client for OS 10 seems to represent daily precipitation for a 24 hr period whereas the IOS client seems to represnt daily precipitation over a much shorter period. Cheers

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
Version 1.0 (120402) daily precitation only seems to work whilst its actually raining. The client for OS 10 seems to represent daily precipitation for a 24 hr period whereas the IOS client seems to represnt daily precipitation over a much shorter period. Cheers

I assume you are referring to the "Precipitation per day" row in WeatherCat for iOS. This is the value provided by the server and should represent the accumulated precipitation since midnight. Unfortunately, I can't test this since it stopped raining here and won't resume until September. If you can record actual versus reported by Mac OS-X and iOS clients and send it to me in a message, that would be helpful.

--grand

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Bummer when weather won't cooperate!! (Re: iOS Client)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat fans,

Unfortunately, I can't test this since it stopped raining here and won't resume until September.

;) Isn't that most inconvenient?  You'd think that Mother Nature would understand when you are a weather software developer and would cooperate with a suitable mix of extremes!! [lol2]

Nevermind that at least in California . . . . it already feels mighty dry!  [sweat2]

dogear

• Gentle Breeze
    • Dilligaf Ranch
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 fan aspirated, UV and Solar, Mac Mini Dedicated, OS 10.6.8
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »

I assume you are referring to the "Precipitation per day" row in WeatherCat for iOS. This is the value provided by the server and should represent the accumulated precipitation since midnight. Unfortunately, I can't test this since it stopped raining here and won't resume until September. If you can record actual versus reported by Mac OS-X and iOS clients and send it to me in a message, that would be helpful.

--grand

Supposed to rain here for the next 3 or 4 days so hopefully I will have data to send. Cheers

southwye

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7665
    • IWALESMO2
    • South Monmouth Weather Station
  • Station Details: VP2/iMac 27"(mid 2011)/LWC 2.11/Logitech cam/CWOP- DW7665/Wunderground - iWALESMO2
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
If you need some guaranteed daily rainfall, I suggest a ticket to the UK would be in order.

I've just got back from our equivalent of your "county show".  Walking boots and lower legs plastered in gloopy mud - attendance levels were way down as were the cattle and sheep entries for fat-stock judging.  We are told that this meteorological state of affairs will continue until such time as the Jet Stream moves north - so suspect it will be further week's of cool, wet and windy weather blending imperceptibly into a cool wet and windy autumn!

The joys of English weather!!

Mike H   

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
Re: iOS Client Bugs? Ver. 1.10 Build 1284
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
Hey All, I just have been noticing troubles Connecting to my Home WeahterCat from the iPhone.
I'm running WC 1.10 Build 1284 at home and an internal connection is fine and connects, But the Internet does not now?..
Not sure this is a bug, or I may have to open a Port that was not before?..
But if you have an answer, I'm ready. or just letting someone know?..
Jeff-N8NOE

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 04:53:02 PM »
Hi Jeff,
There haven't been any changes in the client interface. I'd check your external IP address (it may have changed) and if necessary update any dyndns service you are using.

More details in the manual and on the wiki at:
http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/WeatherCat_Clients

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
Re: iOS Client Bugs? Ver. 1.10 Build 1284
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
Hey All, I just have been noticing troubles Connecting to my Home WeahterCat from the iPhone.
I'm running WC 1.10 Build 1284 at home and an internal connection is fine and connects, But the Internet does not now?..
Not sure this is a bug, or I may have to open a Port that was not before?..
But if you have an answer, I'm ready. or just letting someone know?..
Jeff-N8NOE
Try connecting over the Internet using the desktop client app that's provided with the WeatherCat download. If you can connect with the desktop client and cannot with the iOS client, check the iOS client URL to make sure it has the same URL as the desktop client.

timl2k12

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
The pressure, when shown in inches of Mercury, only goes out to one decimal place. That is pretty useless.  :D It would be nice to have the option of displaying pressure in millibars without having to display temperature in metric.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
Having an issue where the Desktop client will connect just fine, but the iOS app refuses to connect over the internet. Running version 1.4 of the iOS app, and version 2.0.1 of WC. iOS 8.1.

Any thoughts?
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Both Mac and iOS version using Internet? (Re: iOS Client Bugs)
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 08:09:33 PM »
Dear staze and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Having an issue where the Desktop client will connect just fine, but the iOS app refuses to connect over the internet.

Unfortunately, I've never bothered to set up access from the internet so I can't help you.  Have you tried the troubleshooting tips on the Wiki?

Just to make sure that we are on the same page.  The Mac WeatherCatClient is also connecting to WeatherCat via an Internet proxy?

Hopefully someone else can chime in who has more experience.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
Re: Both Mac and iOS version using Internet? (Re: iOS Client Bugs)
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
Dear staze and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Having an issue where the Desktop client will connect just fine, but the iOS app refuses to connect over the internet.

Unfortunately, I've never bothered to set up access from the internet so I can't help you.  Have you tried the troubleshooting tips on the Wiki?

Just to make sure that we are on the same page.  The Mac WeatherCatClient is also connecting to WeatherCat via an Internet proxy?

Hopefully someone else can chime in who has more experience.

No proxy. But yes, WeatherCatClient Desktop client works great. No idea why the iPhone client doesn't work sometimes. I have port forwarding set up just fine. I'm, I guess, more curious if others have seen this.
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"