Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222284 times)

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
  • Station Details: Oregon WMR200, MAC OS X 10.10, WeatherCat V2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
Steve,
The SS-Gauges comes with a basic htm page that will work straight away when the realtimegaugesWC.txt file is used and just one or two VERY small changes are made to the gauges.js file.

You can see the one that comes with the gauges at http://weather.kcsolutions.com.au/gauges/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Col.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 03:05:20 AM »
Sounds great! Thanks Col.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »
Hi Guys,

Ken put me on to the work you are doing to get WeatherCat working with the SteelSeries gauges.

I am readying release 2.2.0 of the gauges and would like to include WeatherCat in that release.

I have made all the code changes that I think are required for WeatherCat, but obviously I will need your template JSON file if you want it including in the package.

I am making a few changes to the code and HTML/CSS for version 2.2 that you will maybe want to consider if you are going to produce a customised version of gauges-ss-basic.htm. The changes will make gauge pages much more flexible, allowing CSS (or HTML) control of the gauge sizes rather than script code. So you can easily have different sized of the gauges on a page, or resize for mobile devices say.

I am happy to make a pre-release test version of 2.2 available to the developers.

Cheers
Mark
Mark

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »
Mark,
There were a few little changes I had to make to your gauges.js file to get WeatherCat to work properly with the gauges and I guess you would have coded most of those already.
I have attached the template JSON file that I have been using with the gauges to this posting.

Col.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
Mark,
I have attached a file showing the differences between your version 2.1.1 and the one with my modifications. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the changes I made.

Col.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi Mark, Col.
We're going to need people are running version 1.1.4 of WeatherCat to work correctly with the gauges - I'm estimating this will be publicly released in the next two weeks. Would it be possible to have the script pick up the WeatherCat version and show an error message if it's less than 1.1.4?

Cheers,
Stu.

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
I have attached the template JSON file that I have been using with the gauges to this posting.
I have put this into the zip now, thanks.

Mark,
I have attached a file showing the differences between your version 2.1.1 and the one with my modifications. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the changes I made.

Col.
Thanks Col. Amazingly I had caught all of those changes, though I have restructured the code a little here and there. I'll ignore the 'style' changes  ;)

Hi Mark, Col.
We're going to need people are running version 1.1.4 of WeatherCat to work correctly with the gauges - I'm estimating this will be publicly released in the next two weeks. Would it be possible to have the script pick up the WeatherCat version and show an error message if it's less than 1.1.4?
Yep, I can put that in. Will the version string be exactly "1.1.4"? I'll have to spit it and handle as numerics in order to do a >= for future versions.

One other thing, are there any specific instructions for WeatherCat users that need to go into the ReadMe.txt and Wiki, or just a pointer to a page in your Wiki perhaps?
Mark

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
I am happy to put together a page for the Wiki that covers the integration/setup of WC and SS-Gauges.

Col.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
Thanks Col.

Mark, the build info string is of the format:
Code: [Select]
VM.mm, Build Xwhere'M' is the major version and 'mm' is the minor. 'X' is an integer which is incremented every time it's built.
For example:
V1.14, Build 206

If you extract the string between 'V' and ',' and convert it to a floating point number , that's the version number that can be compared (obviously you can multiply it by 100 to get an integer if necessary).

Cheers,
Stu.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Mark,
There was one odd thing in the gauges.js file that just would not work for me....

In your original script you had
data.tempunit.replace('°', '?');
to which I added the line
to cater for WeatherCat

But it just flat out refused to replace the °
In the end, the only way I could get it to work was to use the line
data.tempunit = data.tempunit.replace('°', '?');
Hence why those couple of lines are different in yours and my script.

Col.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
Have started work on the Wiki page at http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges so it is up to you guys if you still want to put any instructions in the text file or just point people to the Wiki page.

Col.

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »
Mark,
There was one odd thing in the gauges.js file that just would not work for me....

In your original script you had
to which I added the line
to cater for WeatherCat

But it just flat out refused to replace the °
In the end, the only way I could get it to work was to use the line
data.tempunit = data.tempunit.replace('°', '?');
Hence why those couple of lines are different in yours and my script.

Col.
That is one of the bits I have changed, the existing code was never called because the gauges ended up requiring a later build of Cumulus than the one that included the degree symbol in the unit string anyway.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
Version 2.2.0 of the SteelSeries gauges is now available, and includes support for WeatherCat :)

The headline changes are:
  • The gauge sizes are now picked up from the HTML/CSS, this makes it easy for custom layouts to be created using mixed gauge sizes.
  • The wind rose has changed from using a radar plot to a rose plot. Note the version of RGraph.rose.js included has been customised by me, the author is going to make changes to support this natively in a future release of RGraph.
  • Ken's Saratoga templates are now supported, the zip contains his gauges-ss-basic-inc.php file - note this has been changed from the file posted by Ken and used with v2.1.1 of the gauges.
  • Added support for WeatherCat

Want to make a donation to the Weather Gauges? Please click here.

Download it from here: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges

The image below shows the old and new style wind rose, I use 8 points with my Fine Offset but the code should work with 16 or any number!
Mark

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »
Looks very interesting, I'm a bit unsure of which files go where at the moment, but hopefully will get something up and running soon  [cheers1]

John

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
Thanks guys! I have a start at it here. All I've done so far is upload the files and point to my data.

http://www.avon-weather.com/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Thanks so much for your efforts Col, Ken, and Mark!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook