Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222426 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
[bounce] That is looking great - I used to have a very similar background myself on my gauges page some time ago, it disappeared for some reason!

I am very impressed of the abilities of your script! Well done! I love the gauges and will give some bucks on your donation account. Thanks a lot!

Reinhard
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »
I have attached a test version of v2.2.2 with just those two changes in if people would give it a whirl - including someone who uses Knots as their native wind speed unit would be good  :)

Not using knots, but this version works fine. Note that you left WeatherCat as the default application in the new file, which I assume you'd want as Cumulus in the final release.

Thanks for your help!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
Note that you left WeatherCat as the default application in the new file, which I assume you'd want as Cumulus in the final release.
It was deliberate, just for WC users  ;), but thanks for pointing it out.
Mark

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
Hi Reinhard
 Your gauges look great
 [cheers1]
Here is what mine looks Like:

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 11:34:43 AM »
Version 2.2.2 is available. The main fix is for WeatherCat users using MPH or knots for their wind units. There is a slight tweak to the gauges-ss.css to pretty the units table slightly, and the Nederlands translation has been updated that's it.

I have also updated the FAQ with information on tweaking the wind rose appearance.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
Thanks for the update, Mark.

Attached a screenshot: I cannot arrive any of your pages... ???
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
We are having problems with the Cumulus hosting server being on a go-slow at the moment, they are going to move the site to a new server, so please try again a bit later.
Mark

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »
Hi Mark and Reinhard
Yes it was slow getting it to load but once load all went well
 [cheers1]

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »
Hi Mark.

New version downloaded (eventually), and once I'd got my head around how to reconfigure the files again, all works great.

JC

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
I've posted a notice over on the WXforum that the SteelSeries Gauges are now available for WeatherCat http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=18352.0
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

rustman

• Calm
  • Station Details: ambient weather; ws-2080; MacBook Pro; Kindle Fire HD; Android
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2013, 09:02:26 PM »
Steve:  a quick note, to thank you for helping usher Steel Gauges into WeatherCat's bag of tricks.  Installation and live implementation was quick and easy, thanks to very clean instructions on the wiki page, and especially clear code.
   Following configuration directions on the wiki, I placed all the files at top level of my website. Next, edited gauges.js in the scripts sub-folder, including line 19, replacing imgPathURL with imgPathURL        : '/',
  However, the website gauges did not respond as expected - e.g., when I would "mouse-over" any of the gauges,
the resulting popup graph was blank - showing a small "?" to indicate a missing image.  The imgPathURL value seemed incorrect.
   So I ftp'd the locally-generated graphics to the web site into the images sub-directory, and changed gauges.js back to original value of imgPathURL        : './images/',
   Now the web site worked as expected, with popup strip chart graphics.
   Satisfied with the above results, I tried the following edit to line 19 in gauges.js:

imgPathURL        : './/',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images

and, now things are working to my satisfaction - the images are being updated routinely by FTP to the top level of the web server.

for whatever it's worth, my current WeatherCat / steel series gauges server is hosted by Charter's user web pages sites - webpages.charter.net
  just prior to the release of Steel Series Gauges, I was using Dropbox to host the site, in my /Public sub-directory.
  I don't have any experience with webpages.charter.net - and can't explain the discrepancy in the '/' and './/', but thought it might shed some light for other users trying to get their mouse-over strip chart graphics to work as expected.

again, the information above reflects only my recent experience with the gauges.  I am very pleased with the results, and especially impressed with this forum, its moderation, and the user input.  It's quite obvious that the members are very community-minded.  What a great service to those just getting started.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
Thanks for the update, Mark.

Attached a screenshot: I cannot arrive any of your pages... ???

Still the same:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /a/SteelSeries_FAQ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
Very odd, access to the Wiki isn't restricted as far as I know. Is anyone else having problems?
Mark

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »
Hi Mark
 I was able to excess the site with no problems
 [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »
Tried it with different machines: iMac, MacMini, MacBook Air, on different Browsers (Safari, Firefox). Even a Windows Machine - no chance. But I can access your Wiki with my iPhone when WLAN is turned off in its preferences. So maybe a problem with my Modem/Router.

Maybe your Wiki disallows some IP-Adresses to have access? All of your other Website (except Wiki) is no problem. On the other side, a few time ago I did have access to all of your pages.

Strange.

Cheers,
Reinhard

Reinhard