Author Topic: WU Survey  (Read 2888 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
WU Survey
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:11:40 PM »
I just got invited to participate in a PWS-owner survey from Weather Underground. I appreciate them requesting feedback from PWS owners who upload date to WU. Hopefully they are looking to improve the PWS-owner experience. Or maybe IBM is just looking to see where they can cut expenses. We'll see.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Let us know what you find out. (Re: WU Survey)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:31:38 PM »
Dear Blick and Weather Station caregivers,

I just got invited to participate in a PWS-owner survey from Weather Underground.

Hmm, yes indeed let us know what you find out.  It could go either way.  Weather Underground knows they have been neglecting their personal weather station owners.  On the other hand is there a business in the world that doesn't need to further cut expenses?

Keep us posted!

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WU Survey
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »
Today when I went to my PWS on WU I noticed there is a banner from WU at the top inviting to participate in the survey, so I assume any WeatherCatter who uploads to WU can go to your WU site and participate. In the comment box at the end of the survey they ask how they can improve. I told them they have a habit of denying they have a problem on their end and then they fix it. I suggested they consider being a little more open up front to PWS owners.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: WU Survey
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:24:51 PM »
Why so subtle?! [banghead]

I remember three rules I was taught for training a mule:
  • Tell the mule you are about to teach it something and hit it over the head with a 2 x 4
  • Show the mule what you want it to learn and hit it over the head with a 2 x 4
  • Tell the mule that you just taught it something and hit it over the head with a 2 x 4
Note: No mules were ever injured in this process, but many 2 x 4's were destroyed.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
WU Survey
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:56:43 AM »
WU Survey: I got a few things off my chest . . .
A clear conscience is a great pillow.