Author Topic: And the rain keeps coming in Texas  (Read 2926 times)

awilltx

And the rain keeps coming in Texas
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »
We have probably surpassed the all-time record for rainfall in the month of May as of this morning, and there is more in the forecast before we get to June 1st. Whew, moss is growing around my feet and the ground is pretty squishy!  [rainyluck]

A soggy yours and totals from my station below...

Alan

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: And the rain keeps coming in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »
Very impressive rain totals Alan. All of the flooding in Texas is devastating. We hope you are high and dry inside your home.
Blick

awilltx

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
We hope you are high and dry inside your home.

Thanks, Blick. We are dry in the house, but don't know how much more the ground can take. I have a couple of big shrubs in the landscape that are about to become uprooted. Hard to imagine just 6 months ago we thought the drought would never end.

Alan

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
If you want to share . . . (Re: And the rain keeps coming in Texas)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »
Dear Alan, Blick, and WeatherCat extremes watchers,

We have probably surpassed the all-time record for rainfall in the month of May as of this morning, and there is more in the forecast before we get to June 1st. Whew, moss is growing around my feet and the ground is pretty squishy!  [rainyluck]

A soggy yours and totals from my station below...

Hard to imagine just 6 months ago we thought the drought would never end.

Speaking of droughts that don't seem ever to end.  Since you seem to have all the rain you can use, feel free to "share" some with California!

I suppose something of another parallel, in December Canebas station got 10.24 inches of rain.  That is over 40% of the annual total for my location.  For all of 2015, we only got 4.97" instead of our normal 16.36" of rain.  So there does seem to be a trend for increasing "burstiness" in weather in recent years.

Best of luck in coping with your excess "feast" of rainfall . . .

Cheers, Edouard

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:21:40 PM »
Hi Alan
 Was in Oklahoma for 8 days tornado chasing and visiting family and also all the flooding there 19 plus inches in Oklahoma City roads washed away even houses and they have had more rain in May which broke a record and they get in a year

cheers

[cheers1]

awilltx

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »

Speaking of droughts that don't seem ever to end.  Since you seem to have all the rain you can use, feel free to "share" some with California!

Believe me Edouard, if we could find a way to export some of this water we would be more than happy to!

We had another inch of rain today and it looks to be dry for the next week; the monthly total now sits at 14.71 inches and that is most definitely a record.

Carry on,

Alan

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 12:41:38 AM »
We're at 29.58" for the year.

11.57" for the month.

It has been a wet, wet Spring!

Got a brother living in E. Texas on Lake Fork. He is staying dry, but the rain has his fishing all messed up. I have a daughter living in Baytown, TX. They're OK, but lot's of trouble all around. I'm up on a hill here in N. Central Arkansas, but with every deluge of rain I'm fighting to keep the gutters and drains cleared.

Best wishes,
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Best of luck (Re: And the rain keeps coming in Texas)
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 03:47:40 AM »
Dear Alan and WeatherCat soggy Midwesterners, . . .

Believe me Edouard, if we could find a way to export some of this water we would be more than happy to!

If you could we would most definitely take it!

We had another inch of rain today and it looks to be dry for the next week; the monthly total now sits at 14.71 inches and that is most definitely a record.

Texas continues to be in the news headlines.  Hope you can manage to dodge the worst of it!

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »
We have two kids in Houston who are sick of the rain but high and dry. Here in Northern Utah, we finished up the month with 15 days in a row of rain and only 8 days in the whole month without rain. 4.72 inches for the month, which is the wettest May in decades. We are still in severe drought, but this rain has sure helped.
Blick