Author Topic: Speaking of rain/water/pictures...  (Read 2573 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Speaking of rain/water/pictures...
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »
Since these WC forums have been a life saver for me, I feel obligated to offer this new service here first. Some of you are aware that we have a small fish pond in our back yard. We started with seven fish and are now down to five. None are from the original, but all but one are great-grand-fish! [tup]

Being the largest body of water within a few hundred yards/meters of our house, we have many visitors and usually a few "guests" that seem to stay year round. Last week, while we drained and cleaned the pond, I started a discussion with one of these semi-permanent guests.

My main concern was the night-time noise he created every Spring, almost always around bed time. He apologized and as a token of his appreciation for his room & board, he said he would be happy to kiss any lady who wanted to become a Princess or a gentleman with hopes of a kingdom.

I can not guarantee any success with his actions; I am only the agent/messenger. All I know is that my interactions have not resulted in any differences in my behaviors... ribbit ...at all. My appetite has changed a bit, I seem to crave more fresh protein. ribbit But, other than that, there's not much change in my activities, although I have joined a local long-jump team purely for the exercise of my legs. The only problem I've seen, and I can't be sure of the exact cause, but all my pant legs seem to be getting shorter. :o I suspect my wife has started using hot water in the washing machine...

ribbit
As I don't "do" FB, I'm uploading a picture of my partner in this new endeavor:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Re: Speaking of rain/water/pictures...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:28:47 PM »
Great post, X-air.   [rockon]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat seekers of living "happily ever after."

My main concern was the night-time noise he created every Spring, almost always around bed time. He apologized and as a token of his appreciation for his room & board, he said he would be happy to kiss any lady who wanted to become a Princess or a gentleman with hopes of a kingdom.

[wink] . . . . But wait a minute X-Air, you've mentioned to us that you have an 18 year old granddaughter. 

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=196.msg17600#msg17600

Doesn't she want to be princess? . . . . . .  [lol2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:07:46 AM »
I also have a 22 yo Grand-Daughter. Her only 'proclamation' was, "eEEWWWwwwwuuuu"! [lol]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »
Looks like froggie went a court'n and got herself a curmudgeon! Lol!

Well, the insects don't stand a chance now, do they? Tell me, does she eat wasps? If she eats wasps, I've got a paying job for her or her sisters. Yessir! Lots of free vittles here.

[lol2]
Herb

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
Haven't had many wasps, but I cleaned off at least four rows of mud/dirt dauber nests (most were ~four+ inches long!) when I power-washed the back porch/patio ceiling. They were last years brood; all the cells in the tubes had holes were the young had exited. They're not aggressive and do a great job of keeping spiders under control, so I don't remove them unless SWMBO gives the command!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
You don't say! (Re: Speaking of rain/water/pictures...)
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:44:03 PM »
Dear X-Air, Herb, and WeatherCat seekers of "happily ever after" . . . . . (or what passes for it these days!)

I also have a 22 yo Grand-Daughter. Her only 'proclamation' was, "eEEWWWwwwwuuuu"! [lol]

Ya' know, I can't really say that I'm surprised!  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]