Author Topic: Weather Underground Issues  (Read 12209 times)

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
Elevation
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »
Thanks for looking at it, Blicj.

You are saying that you see a 522 elevation on the Current Conditions page (The PWS Dashboard page) here? Even with a logged out browser, I'm seeing 568 or 577 depending on which station is feeding data to my Dashboard page. However, other places of Weather Underground have it correct. This is a shot taken at Noon central time:

A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Weather Underground Issues
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »
OK. I see 577 on the page in the link. I see 522 when I click on About This PWS.
Blick

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »
I'm seeing the same as Blick. Somehow there's a crosslinked file pull on WU's end. If they are unwilling to engage and fix, I'd just delete the station and start over. Chances are you can even keep the same station name when you fill out the new station request. Now that Stu has detailed how to upload your historical data to the new station ID, you won't lose much but some time waiting on the new station to be activated/promulgated throughout their network.

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
One other thing first though, shut down WC and delete the software, pull all the current version's data files and pref files and store where WC can't find them. Restart the computer, download the latest stable WC, start the latest download and let WC generate from scratch and start sending data again, just to ensure there isn't something corrupted on your end. If the same problem still exists, delete the station per the earlier discussion.

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
Meteobridge
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 08:55:37 PM »
This may be anathema to some, but I upload to all my networks, including WU via a Meteobridge. I actually do that for redundancy, because it's easier to keep it running than the iMac, just in case. I feel like the data isn't corrupted because it's good everywhere else: my website, other wx networks, even on most places at WU, just not on the main place it's displayed: on the dashboard. I've sent some more screen captures to "Kari" at Wunderground, and I'll see what happens next.

This is one of the crazier errors I've seen go unfixed on their site for a long time . . .
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
I agree with your conclusion. Error is on their end and has nothing to do with WeatherCat or your uploads via Meteobridge.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
I have stopped watching my PWS on WU allthough I haven't stop uploading data. WU is not recognizing my webcams ot they are waiting for approval, so the service is not reliable. I prefer Weathercloud.

Cheers,
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 08:13:24 PM »
WU is not recognizing my webcams ot they are waiting for approval
Same here, but they don't want QuickTime movies. I suppose I could get some app (Evocam?) to upload a jpeg/mpeg movie to some web space but I never got that app to work, either. [banghead] Too spoiled by 'stupid-easy-apps' like Terminal! At least they show the most recent snapshot, I think, I rarely visit their site, either. [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
Greetings All
Weathercloud is not bad but does anyone know that the Rain plot means and how it is calculated?  Seems wrong to me.  Also it does not seem to automatically update, at least not the webcam.

Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »
They might have some explanations and even an API that would help. Check their sitemap, if they have one.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 05:12:21 PM »
Irving:

Weathercloud is really getting better all the time. I like what they have done with the site snd they have been making nice improvements all along.

They are really good about responding to email. They have always replied to me within 24 hours. I suggest you ask your question to them. To send them an email, go here and leave a comment at the bottom. They will reply.

https://blog.weathercloud.net/?p=2220
Blick