Author Topic: A unique combination of clouds and computers?  (Read 1894 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
A unique combination of clouds and computers?
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
I generally think of clouds a cool places. When flying, it's best to avoid clouds, if your aircraft is not equoiped with ant/de-icing methods. Ice on wings is dangerous, even deadly. :o Fortunately, all commercial aircraft are well equipped to handle most icing situations.

Apparently, some "clouds" have other dangers!
The "cloud" may be 'cool', but not always...
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Can't reach the link? (Re: A unique combination of clouds and computers?)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat "trying to keep up with technology" types,

I don't understand why, but I can't access the link with the story on your previous post.  Anybody else having that problem?

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: A unique combination of clouds and computers?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »
Same here. Mostly the problem is he can't type.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: A unique combination of clouds and computers?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:29:45 AM »
Doesn't work for me, either. Probably an erer on the interwebs. I'll contact my support guru and se if he can fix it. Be aware hat the entire web may be down for a few days.

OK, the new link works, at least. Not sure why I can't insert the styled text and have the ugly link hidden. The other major forum I use allows that with he following 'code':
Code: [Select]
<[url=http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/data-center-cooling-outage-disrupts-azure-cloud-in-japan][color=blue][b]linkText[/b][/color][/url]>The 'link' text here is slightly different:
Code: [Select]
[url]http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/...[/url]The "url" part is totally separate from the actual url, and this forum doesn't like anything between the two tags except the url. I would have sworn I've made use of a text link here before, perhaps no one ever tried using the links! [blush] I got other fish to fry (grill?)...
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat Internet observers,

OK, the new link works, at least.

Okay thanks, now I could read what the fuss was about.  This cloud business is anything but hardware independent and when you pack a lot of servers into a small space it takes a lot of cooling to keep the machines operating smoothly.  It hardly seems like an environmentally friendly way to handle computing.  Of course those environmentalists using the cloud have no idea how it actually works.

Such are da' conditions that prevail,

Cheers, Edouard