Author Topic: Data Export updates for Wind Speed  (Read 2751 times)

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
    • Cecil County Maryland Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Data Export updates for Wind Speed
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:05:21 PM »
I am trying to export data so that I can eventually start using the MeteoTemplate for my website.  When I did the first attempt using WC's 5 minute data export, I notes my wind extremes were off.  I did some digging and noted when one exports data both the current wind value and the gust value are exports at a 10-minute average.  This is causing the extremes to be lost.  Can the export feature be modified to show the raw values or in this case the max value be included and not the average?

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Data Export updates for Wind Speed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »
You can export data at any interval that you wish, it is set at 5 minutes as a default, what sampling rate do you have WeatherCat set to in preferences ? If 5 minutes or less you should be able to export at the same interval. I exported at 2 minute intervals as that was the sampling rate I have set in WCat.

Have you had any problems with time matching ? I found a lot of errors with rainfall totals when I imported to Metroemplate, lots of occasions where say the rainfall total at 23:59 one day was carried on to the next day, sometimes for a hour at a time. Almost every day over 5 years.

JC

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »
Hi All, 

No issues with the different time specifications, 5 min or 2 min, but the issue is the Wind Averages.  If you look at the data exported you see:

Date, Conditions, Ext. Temperature,Dew Point,Wind Chill,Pressure,Wind Speed (10 Min. Average),Average Wind Direction,Precipitation Per Hour,Precipitation Total,Ext. Humidity,Int. Humidity,Int. Temperature,Wind Gust (10 Mins),Leaf Wetness 4,Monthly Rain,Annual Rain,Daily E.T.,Monthly E.T.,Annual E.T.

What I am asked is in addition to the Averages, to also include just the way the temperate and other parameters are exported to have the actual wind values, not just the 10 minutes averages as part of the export.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
It looks like your sampling rate is 1 minute, so if you export at 1 minute intervals it should be there.

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »
It looks like your sampling rate is 1 minute, so if you export at 1 minute intervals it should be there.

I can confirm this is the case.  So for my needs I can move forward.  I would still suggest for a future WC feature to include the max gust as an export value regardless of the export interval.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:03:53 PM »
Agreed - thanks for the suggestion - added to the feature request list [tup]