Author Topic: web templates  (Read 4182 times)

Highlander

• Calm
    • ILINCONS2
    • Harrowby Lane Grantham
  • Station Details: WH1081
web templates
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
Hi All, I'm new to the weather game and have become hooked on it!! I have installed the Saratoga templates on my web site and its working well to a point? I am getting the message "WeatherCat weather data NOT Current" message and some of the forecast icons are blank except for a "?" in the middle! I really would appreciate some help to get my site sorted. FTP and Realtime are working ok.
Many thanks

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Re: web templates
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
In order to diagnose the issues, I'd need to see the website .. would you mind posting the URL for the site showing the issues?
Unfortunately, the link to your site in your profile points to a domain parking page, not a template website.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Highlander

• Calm
    • ILINCONS2
    • Harrowby Lane Grantham
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »
 Hi thanks for the reply. the link is http://highlanderjccouk.ipage.com/wxindex.php I have not made it live yet so hence the wx in front of index.
Many Thanks

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
Looking at check-fetch-times.php?show=info on your site shows
Settings.php forecast images file directory in $SITE['fcsticonsdir']='./forecast/images/' is not on website. Be sure to upload contents for proper template operation.

In your Settings.php you have
Code: [Select]
$SITE['fcsticonsdir'] = './forecast/images/'; // NOAA-style icons for NWS, WU, WXSIM forecast scripts
$SITE['fcsticonstype']= '.gif'; // default type='.jpg' -- use '.gif' for animated icons from http://www.meteotreviglio.com/
but that directory (./forecast/images/ ) is not on your site.  Since you chose the Meteotriviglio icons, I think he had packed the .zip file with icons in the ./Forecast/images/ directory instead.

Change your Settings.php to have
$SITE['fcsticonsdir'] = './Forecast/images/'; // NOAA-style icons for NWS, WU, WXSIM forecast scripts and the forecast images should show correctly as you do have the .gif icons in ./Forecast/images/

On the wxstatus.php page, it shows
WeatherCat realtime    Current    0:-13:-21    22/07/2013 19:34
WeatherCat FTP    Current    0:-9:-18    22/07/2013 19:30
WeatherCat weather data    NOT Current    381810:20:58    > 0:05:15  01/01/1970 01:00
and those are strange times.  Try using
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = true; // for weather software date format of month/day/year.  =false for day/month/year and the strange times here and on the dashboard should be fixed.

Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Highlander

• Calm
    • ILINCONS2
    • Harrowby Lane Grantham
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
Thanks Ken I'll give it a go  [tup]