Author Topic: Hi from Glendale AZ  (Read 3355 times)

ddrankin

• Gentle Breeze
    • KAZPHOEN213
  • Station Details: Davis Vue on a mac mini
Hi from Glendale AZ
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm not new to running a weather station, but I am new to the Weather Cat software.  Right now my site is just running the basic web page, but I hope to get a more custom site up before the first of the year.  I'm not much of a web designer, so it is slow going.

www.nevid.net/weather

I have had my Davis Vantage Vue about 3 years now and I have tried several different software packages on different operating systems.  So my data is a bit fragmented and I hope to be able to consolidate it a bit once I learn Weather Cat a bit better.  Most recently I was running a Raspberry Pi computer with Weewx to collect the data and draw the website.  So my last few years of data are in MySQL Lite.

Right now the station is running on a Hackintosh.  I bought an old Apple G4 computer and gutted it.  I put a GA-H77N mother board with an i3 processor and loaded Mountain Lion.  It runs well and I really like the retro look.

This looks like a good community and I?m looking forward to getting involved.

Thanks

Devin

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Hi from Glendale AZ
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
Warm welcome aboard, Devin!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
I bought an old Apple G4 computer and gutted it.

Welcome to WeatherCat Devin. My first Mac experience was on the G4. That was a great computer, especially if you liked big and heavy. I sold it to a friend who is still using it.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:20:28 PM »
Hi Devin, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum.

As you've already found, there are a lot of friendly helpful folk here. We're always interested when someone tries something new, so your experiences will be interesting. One of the forum embers, AstroSteve, has written a couple of SQL import tools that might help you. If not, he may be able to tweak one to work with your database. Take a look in this thread: http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=896.0

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hi from Glendale AZ)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum Devin!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

ddrankin

• Gentle Breeze
    • KAZPHOEN213
  • Station Details: Davis Vue on a mac mini
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:28:14 PM »
Thanks Steve I took a look at that and it does seem hopeful.  I'll talk to him after I have a better idea of just what I am doing.

My parents lived in Alliance Ohio, a bit south east of you,  until I was about 6 and then they moved out here to AZ.  We lived right by Berlin Lake before we moved.  Bueatiful country.  I think about moving back that way now and then.

Commodore

• Gentle Breeze
    • Commodore Mark
  • Station Details: 27" iMac and a Mac mini but no weather station yet.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 04:54:37 AM »
Greetings from NorCal, Devin!
Alas, I don't have a weather station...but I'm going to have one real soon now.  :-(

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »
Hi devin
 And welcome to Trixology's WeatherCat and the forum
 We have the best developer around I believe you will be happy here

cheers

[cheers1]