Author Topic: Interesting video comparing the ice coverage on the Great Lakes  (Read 191 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat climate watchers,

The Weather Channel has an interesting video comparing the ice coverage on the Great Lakes from 2014 to now:

https://weather.com/news/climate/video/see-great-lakes-ice-cover-now-vs-10-years-ago

It is definitely a dramatic change!

Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Interesting video comparing the ice coverage on the Great Lakes
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 08:56:43 PM »
Frightening changes! :o [cold]

Completely off-topic comment for those who dislike being counted as "eyeballs":
Had to watch a 25 second ad so I could view the 42 second vid. [banghead] I think one could type the four(?) text blocks in less time. [rolleyes2] But the graphics do tell the story with more emotion? :)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Sad agreement . . . (Re: Comparing the ice coverage on the Great Lakes)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 10:45:44 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCatters unhappy with the state of the Internet,

. . .
Had to watch a 25 second ad so I could view the 42 second vid. [banghead] I think one could type the four(?) text blocks in less time. [rolleyes2] But the graphics do tell the story with more emotion? :)

Regrettably, I could not agree more.  My first contact with what is now the Internet was in college when it was mostly a "gentlemen’s" domain run by academics, some government agencies, and associated contractors.  The privatization of the Internet certainly hasn't improved it and the commercialization has become darn right petty.  There is no such thing as a free lunch, but unfortunately, there wasn't the resolve to come up with a more reasonable funding model for the Internet than what we have now.  It definitely does not reflect well on the society that allowed this to happen.

Edouard