Author Topic: Weathercloud having "issuez." . . . .  (Read 1836 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Weathercloud having "issuez." . . . .
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
Dear WeatherCat sys-admins,

This morning I got the following email from Weathercloud:

Hello elagache,

Your device Canebas weather stopped sending data on 11/24/19, 1:41 AM.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
FAQ
If you have any questions, please contact us at support@weathercloud.net.
The Weathercloud team

This is the second time I've gotten email from Weathercloud when WeatherCat has been purrin' along without interruption.  This time I stopped and started up the Weathercloud service only to receive a message: "server busy or unavailable."  I just checked the service and it seems to be fine now, but it could be that Weathercloud is doing some server shuffling or something analogous.  So this appears to be one of those cases where "no adjustment of your TV set is necessary."

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Weathercloud having "issuez." . . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:33:51 PM »
I?ve received two of these emails this month and have not even checked the WC logs. The pref seems to show things are correct. I think WC is more reliable than WeatherCloud. ThU32:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »
I also received a couple of those notices this month. In my case, I was not transmitting either time. Restarting my iMac resolved the issue both times. I am going to obtain some new kit this week (Black Friday) and relegate my old iMac to the Mrs. It will give her plenty of upgrade from her current setup.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 10:48:51 PM »
Hi Gang
 I have also received 2 of these and both times I checked WC really fast and all was working just fine then I went to my weather cloud account and all was running find there, so I don't what is going on with it.

cheers [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 02:18:38 AM »
Had not checked PWS since... ? Just looked and found nothing since... ?! Checked WC and noticed my Station I.D. was incorrect in its prefs! [banghead] My Mac must have been hacked synse I wood never hav maid that mizteak!! [computer] [rolleyes2] At least the other sites seem to be working, including WeatherCloud.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »
According to information i received (after i posted a what'sup on Twitter to them), their server is being fiddled with.

i too have had 2 of them, each time i check--its their server NOT reliable WC!

--jenna [cold1]

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 07:22:31 AM »
Found this reply from WeatherCloud on my Twitter this AM:

Weathercloud
@weathercloud
?
Nov 26
Replying to
@XXXXXXXXXX
Hi, on Sunday we detected an unusually high volume of traffic by one of the compatible weather software, which indirectly affected the reception of data from other stations. Our team did its best to solve the issue in the shortest possible time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 06:29:26 AM »
Thanks for sharing jennajon.
Blick