Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137995 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2016, 06:06:01 PM »
Steve I am going to email you a test file, try it and if it works better I will do some changes in the files and release an update

Yep, that worked! Here's the new soil block overlapping the one shown here on the forum. What changed?

And thanks for the black text! Is that just the local copy for me, or something going into the next version?

Thank you again for catering to WeatherCat!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2016, 06:07:22 PM »
No, I will release this for all, though I will make a few further tweaks to it, so once I release it, make sure you download that version and update it via standard update procedure.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
Fantastic! What was causing my spacing problems?
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
It isnt your problem, it was a general thing, I adjusted the CSS

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
Okay Gents.

Trying to import my WCat data into Metrotemplate, getting problems with the date/time format.

Could somebody who has successfully carried out a data import using a CSv file please post the correct field settings for date/time and if possible the variables field settings if they can remember them.

Cheers all  [beer] [beer] [beer]

JC

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2016, 12:26:03 AM »
Jace,

Go look at page 17 to about 20 to see what I did to get my data entered. I needed to use TextWrangler to modify the spreadsheets to get it to work. There's a screen dump from Jacyhm on the time format settings. It only goes in in chunks, so I had to do each year in six sections.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2016, 06:49:06 AM »
I have done mine via WeatherUnderground import year after year and it worked good for me.
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »
Hi Gents.

Steve. I've tried Jacyhm' s format settings for the date/time format, but it's not worked, I'm not sure what you modified in TextWrangler to get the spreadsheets working though. My daughter's boyfriend got Metrotemplate up and running in about a hour for me but didn't have time to work out why we couldn't import data unfortunately.

Wurzlemac. I've been using the WeatherUnderground import, which works for me, but I'm having to do about 15 days data at a time before it stops uploading, 'tis painfully slow work.

Ah well thanks Gents.

JC

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »
I opened the spreadsheets in TextWrangler, and did a find/replace all replacing "T" with " " and checking case sensitive. Jachym's suggested input didn't know how to parse the "T".

I had to strip the header, as well, as there are several capital Ts in there that got replaced, confusing the issue.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
JC:

I quite like your new banner photo. Don't know how long you have been using the new one, but I just noticed it.
Blick

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2016, 12:39:54 AM »
Hi guys,

there will be a newsletter next week. In this newsletter I want to include a Q & A section (Questions / Answers). I already have a few questions/answers that I want to include because very often I get asked the same thing several times. I will then also choose some that I think would be useful to include in the FAQ section at meteotemplate.com.

If therefore there is something you want to ask, now is your chance. You can also specify if you are ok with using your first name next to the question or if you want the question to be included anonymously.

And here is the deal:

You can ask me absolutely whatever you want.

And

I will also answer absolutely whatever I want ;-)

Last - please ask via email (jachymcz@gmail.com) and in the subject include "Q&A".

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
I opened the spreadsheets in TextWrangler, and did a find/replace all replacing "T" with " " and checking case sensitive. Jachym's suggested input didn't know how to parse the "T".

I had to strip the header, as well, as there are several capital Ts in there that got replaced, confusing the issue.

Hi Steve

Well tried that, still no joy, test via Find Field Numbers does not find any fields and trying Test Import with what we think are the correct field numbers still throws up incorrect date/time error messages.

Managed to pull a couple of years worth of data across from WeatherUnderground using Jachym's WU import tool, but then when I started checking annual reports and monthly reports found that a lot of daily rainfall totals were wrong. Looks like WU rounds up some daily rainfall totals, e.g. 0.20 mm via my station and WeatherCat becomes 0.30 mm in WeatherUnderground for some reason.

Seems to be no easy way to correct this, unless I manually change every incorrect record back to correct values. Every 5 minute value for each day it's wrong for 4 years worth of data....................................
 lol(1)

JC

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
I sent you an email about an hour ago about this

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate 11.0 Passion Fruit!
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »

Hi guys,

first of all I would like to wish all of you who celebrate Christmass Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

As a little present from me you get a new version of the template - Meteotemplate 11.0 Passion Fruit. This version includes some minor bug fixes, but most importantly - one major new thing - the menu. The menu was something that was bothering me for quite some time. The problem was that it was quite complicated to customize it and once you did you were no longer able to use the default menu.

Well now this is all different. Wouldn?t it be nice if you could create/delete menu tabs via the control panel directly? Set tab icons, insert your own links, set the link order, tab order just be dragging and dropping the tab in the browser, insert separators, headings, custom icons, or even a flashing "new" text next to newly added items? If the answer to these questions is yes then you will like version 11.

Update this time is very simple, however it might take you some time to actually create your new menu. After you update the template you will need to set up the menu the way YOU like it.

Before we move on let me emphasize one absolutely crucial thing - IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL THAT YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE THE MENU IN THE UPDATED WIKI PAGE!

Custom menu

The menu looks similar to the original one, but now you can rearrange the tabs using drag & drop, rearrange the links, use your custom icons, insert separators, insert flashing "new" symbol next to new items just be including "(new)" string in the link etc etc. After you finish the update process (copying the new files), you must go to the wiki, which now includes updated section about the menu and includes detailed instructions how to proceed. I have also included examples to make it easier for you.

SVG icons

Another major change is that I have converted all the icons from PNG to vector SVG objects. This update does not yet implement this, for now, only the menu will use this, however, in the next version update I will probably update all the pages, and this now also allows me to start updating the blocks and plugins and change the original PNG icons to these new SVG ones loaded from the template.

What are the advantages of using SVG over PNG? First of all speed, the SVG sprite loads much faster than the icons as PNG. Second, the icon can be enlarged indefinitely, it is not a raster object, so when you make it larger, it will still look sharp and not be pixelated. And last, it behaves as a font, which means I no longer have to include each icon in two versions (black, white). I can simply set any color to the icon, even based on your color scheme set for the template (blue, red, green....). In the future when I update or create a new block, it will use these and no icons folder is necessary.

Server Check

This is something for new users, in the main settings right at the top is now a new function which allows you to check that your server supports the most important functions necessary to install Meteotemplate. If you are already using the template this probably will not have much effect, but I have also included some improved debugging features in the settings files, so everyone can benefit from this.

Bug Fixes

I have fixed several bugs in various parts of the template (station pages etc.).

I hope this further enhances the customization possibilities of the template and allows you to really create a page that looks exactly the way YOU like it, without needing to know how it all works in the backend or ever seeing the code as such! You can already see the new menu in the DEMO, which has been fully updated to version 11.0.

Instructions about how to update are as always in the blog.

Enjoy!

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:46 PM »
An update is a pain for those who have done some adaptions. So for me it would be as just beginning from the scratch if I would install *Passionfruit*.

I payed my dues for *Banana*, worked on the Look&Feel to look fine on my customization, and will leave it as is.

Thanks a lot for this template, Jachym.
I really like it - as you can see on my website.  :)

Merry X-Mas,
Reinhard