Author Topic: WeatherUnderground Tools  (Read 3137 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
WeatherUnderground Tools
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »
Hi WeatherCat Fans
 WeatherUnderground WU has announced a few new tools for us PWS fans it is call station status system and you can also upload a picture of your weather station and Wunderground .com Climate
Here a copy of there new letter I got:
Thank you for your past support of the Weather Underground PWS community. We're developing new community tools on? wunderground.com including this newsletter to keep members informed of news and opportunities from our weather station partners.
To celebrate Earth Week, we have launched a new Climate Change Center that presents the public with hard facts about how climate is changing in their local neighborhoods and empowers people to form their own opinions on the climate change debate. The center is now live at wunderground.com/climate.
We've also been working on some PWS features this month and we have a couple you may want to try out. First, you can now upload an image of your station and it's site. To upload your station's image go to our photo upload page. The second update is that we now have a station status system that will allow you to place a short message on your station's history page letting visitors know if you station is offline, or if you are experiencing a significant weather event. You can add, edit and remove these message on your station's history page or on the station sign up page.
Ambient Weather? have also offered our members an exclusive promotion
that gives you a 10% discount on all Weather Underground weather station packages so you can upgrade your station or purchase a? WeatherHub2 (a data logger and IP Ethernet Weather Station Server). Just enter promotion code: STRATUS at checkout.
Thank you for your continued support of our PWS community.
From,
 Aaron Cowdin
Lead Developer

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
At last - another recipient!! (Re: WeatherUnderground Tools)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »
Howdy Randall and WeatherCat folks,

Golly, I was wondering if I was losing my mind or something.  I got this same email a few days ago and posted the news on MacWeather: http://www.macweather.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=597.  Over there, folks were skeptical and I can't blame them.

Sure don't understand why Weather Underground is "spoon feeding" us this information.  Can't they email their entire user-community in a timely manner?  ???

Oh well, . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: WeatherUnderground Tools
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
Hi Edouard
  [banghead]  Dang I thought I was posting some new news now it's just second hand [lol2]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
It is news - and mysterious at that!! (Re: WeatherUnderground Tools)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »
Howdy Randall and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

[banghead]  Dang I thought I was posting some new news now it's just second hand [lol2]

It isn't second hand news at all from my point of view!!  As I see things, it is more of Sherlock Holmes tale!!  :o

After trying to understand why I was the only one who got it on MacWeather, I thought I had a plausible explanation.  Now that you've received it, it clearly wasn't just sent to people who had reported some bug.  So it is time for Sherlock to go back to his magnifying glass!!  ???

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: WeatherUnderground Tools
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
The email from wunderGround was only obeying the First law of Physics.

First law: The velocity of a body remains constant unless the body is acted upon by an external force

The email required somebody to comment on it, prior to full distribution to users. !  [biggrin]

JC