Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.1  (Read 2087 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.1
« on: December 18, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »
What's new

Adds "Gateway change Alert" Option. If ON, you will be alerted when the Gateway changes. The Gateway changes when you change Wi-Fi networks or move between Wi-Fi and Cellular. The default setting is OFF.

Details

When awakened, the App will detect if the Gateway has changed and provide an alert.
The alert gives you the option of continuing with the new Gateway or changing the server.
This alert is an option on the Options screen. The default is OFF.

The Gateway changes when your device switches to a different Wi-Fi network,
switches from Wi-Fi to a cellular network, switches from a cellular network to Wi-Fi,
looses the network connection (cellular or Wi-Fi) entirely, or re-connects after loosing a connection.

This option is helpful if your WeatherCat 3 server is on the "Local network" (Wi-Fi),
but not accessible from the Internet. It lets you deal with those instances when you
are away from your local network and inadvertently open WeatherCatRCP, causing
WeatherCatRCP to spend what seems like an eternity searching for the non-existent "Local network".
Instead, you can select "Change Server" in the Gateway Changed Alert and either
switch to an Internet connection or quit the App.

Tip

If you get the message "Unable to verify server", you should try again by doing the following:
Go to WeatherCatRCP Settings, tap Manage WeatherCat Servers, tap the radio button for the desired server.
Tapping any server radio button that's already selected will re-connect you to the server.

Other changes in v1.1

Show an error message (instead of error number) when there is no network connection.
Show the Gateway IP address on the Settings Manage WeatherCat Servers screen.
Update with iOS 12 and watchOS 5 libraries (Xcode 10.0).
Fixed a bug that may cause a crash the first time you attempt to connect to Local and it does not connect.
Update app icon for the 44mm Apple Watch Series 4.
Adjust the Options view so that the switch description can be seen on an iPhone SE and iPhone 5.
Adjust navigation bar buttons to display the longer German localized title.
Change the "Not a WeatherCat RCP server" message to the more accurate "Unable to verify server" message.

Questions? Problems? Please post them here at the forum.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:14:08 PM »
Thanks for the update, Grand. Nice improvements.
Blick

PaSun

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:55:53 AM »
Grand,

No problems with the update. On my iPhone X, I turned on Gateway Alert (after fumbling around to see where the setting was). Then I turned off my phone's WiFi connection & voila "Gateway Has Changed" appeared with the new gateway address. Clicked on "Use new gateway" & all was good. Reversed the process by turning on WiFi & again all was good with the same messages and options. Very nice!

Oh yeah, all is good on my early Christmas present... Apple Watch 4. ThU32:-)

Have a great Holidays & Merry Christmas🎄

~Paul

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 10:27:15 AM »
LOVING that Gateway Alert!!

Many thanks for the update...all is working perfectly here.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Grand Poohbah!!!