Author Topic: Unable to verify server  (Read 8695 times)

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage
Unable to verify server
« on: September 29, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »
Following grade to os 10.14.6 on my mac, I am unable to connect WeathercatRCP on my iPad to my local network. Am able to connect to trilogy-eng.com server but not my home server. It has been working fine for the past year, but the upgrade seemed to do something?
Any suggestions?

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: Unable to verify server
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
Following grade to os 10.14.6 on my mac, I am unable to connect WeathercatRCP on my iPad to my local network. Am able to connect to trilogy-eng.com server but not my home server. It has been working fine for the past year, but the upgrade seemed to do something?
Any suggestions?

You did the right thing - attempt to connect to trilogy-eng.com - to verify that your copy of WeatherCatPad is working properly. I'll have to leave it to one of my fellow members whose server is running 10.14.6 to verify that WeatherCatPad will connect to their local network. (My WeatherCat server is running on an old iMac which is not supported by 10.14)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
macOS 10.14.6 works fine for me. (Re: Unable to verify server)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:04:19 PM »
Dear Marozsan, Grand, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Following grade to os 10.14.6 on my mac, I am unable to connect WeathercatRCP on my iPad to my local network. . . . . .
. . . .  I'll have to leave it to one of my fellow members whose server is running 10.14.6 to verify that WeatherCatPad will connect to their local network.

My Mac is running macOS 10.14.6 and I am able to connect my WeatherCatPad to the WeatherCat server using our local area network.  In the past, I've found that in such cases simply switching to trixology-eng.com and then switching back to local is enough to get things working again.  Have you tried that?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »
Yes, that was the first thing I tried tried and again several times with no results. I am running the WeathercatRCP app, not the WeathercatPad app. Not sure that makes a difference. I should also add that I upgraded my iPad software to 13.1 perhaps this contributes to the problem.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
No problem with WeathercatRCP either. (Re: Unable to verify server)
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »
Dear Marozsan and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Yes, that was the first thing I tried tried and again several times with no results. I am running the WeathercatRCP app, not the WeathercatPad app. Not sure that makes a difference.

WeathercatRCP works fine for me as well.  Have you tried rebooting the Mac and iPhone?  These days, these devices require rebooting much more frequently than in the past.  It is probably prudent to reboot every week but I can't get into the habit of it.

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 01:24:04 AM »
Yes, tries rebooting as well, still get ?cannot verify server ? response.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
I am running macOS 10.14.6 and WeatherCatRCP works on my iPad, but I have not upgraded my iPad to the new iPadOS yet so maybe that is the culprit. I am running iOS 12.4.1 on my iPad. I am running iOS 13.1.1 on my phone and WeatherCatRCP runs fine there.
Blick

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:41 PM »
I tried running it in my iPhone and no go there as well. Upgraded to the most recent iOS software issued last week. I also noticed after upgrading Mojave that my station communication information needed to be re-entered. All clues I think, but no solution yet.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
I am now running iOS 13.1.2 and RCP is still working.I have two suggestions.

1. Make sure you are running the most recent version of WeatherCatClient, which is 2.0.0
2. Try deleting WeatherCatRCP from your phone and reinstalling it from scratch
Blick

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 09:46:50 PM »
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail.
What is WeatherCat Client 2.0 and where do I download it?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Mac version of client. (Re: Unable to verify server)
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
Dear Marozsan, Blick, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

. . . 
What is WeatherCat Client 2.0 and where do I download it?

WeatherCat Client is a version of the client running on a Mac instead of iOS.  It will allow to you see if the problem is with the WeatherCat server or if the problem is in iOS.  You can download it at the bottom of this webpage:

https://trixology.com/weathercat/

It is the download called: WeatherCat Miscellaneous Files.

Let us know what you discover.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 10:11:53 PM »
One other thought. Reboot your Mac and make sure that Port 49255 is properly bound to whatever internal IP address you reserved for it. That port is required for WeatherCatRCP to function.
Blick

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 11:19:58 PM »
Ok, got it fixed. It seems when I restart the computer both my WeatherLink app and Weathercat lose the station config information. They were both running fine prior to the re start. So, I first needed to enter the proper start comm information by selecting the proper Usb-Usart driver and restarted Weathercat. My desktop Weathercat was then up and running. Secondly, Weathercat client indicated no IP information in the internet panel. So, I entered my ip address and it identified port 49250, so I hit connect. I then launched WeathercatRCP and it connected.
Thank you for your help. I am 78 years old, so working through the computer details takes me time.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »
I love it when a fellow Weather-Catter figures something out. Good for you for riding this one to the ground!

I thought that RCP requires 49255, but if you have it connected on 49250, don't fix what ain't broke.
Blick

Marozsan

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »
Now the question is, why did both Weathercat and Weatherlink lose the station comm information when I restarted my mac?
It happened again today, but now I have the fix.