Author Topic: Forbes article: "At its Core, Apple Is No Longer Innovative"  (Read 1713 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat observers of technology and Apple,

I came across this article by Greg Petro on the Forbes website:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregpetro/2019/06/07/at-its-core-apple-is-no-longer-innovative/

It doesn't reveal anything new but does make a scathing attack on the complacency of Apple management.  It is definitely worth the time to read it.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Forbes article: "At its Core, Apple Is No Longer Innovative"
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 02:44:36 AM »
Just my opinion, but Forbes is one of the most prominent anti-everything-about-Apple publications out there. They don't like anything that Apple does and they don't like anything that Apple doesn't do. Thank goodness that Micro$oft does everything perfectly for the WIndoze crowd.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear Blick and WeatherCat faithful,

Just my opinion, but Forbes is one of the most prominent anti-everything-about-Apple publications out there. They don't like anything that Apple does and they don't like anything that Apple doesn't do. Thank goodness that Micro$oft does everything perfectly for the WIndoze crowd.

You might be 100% correct on this one.  I don't keep tabs on this sort of publication closely enough to discern a corporate bias.  I had to admit though that this particular article reflected my own thinking and the thinking of others in the Mac community.  When Rick Ford of Macintouch publicly chides Apple for letting pass a really grievous bug in iOS 12.3, the glow between Apple and its user-community has clearly become tarnished.

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Forbes article: "At its Core, Apple Is No Longer Innovative"
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »
Here is a different perspective of the Forbes article. It's worth a read because it comes along with a  few laughs.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3401597/the-feature-that-dare-not-be-named-apple-s-privacy-advantage.html
Blick