Author Topic: Bare Bones Software sale  (Read 1655 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Bare Bones Software sale
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:47:30 PM »
Dear WeatherCat software tinkerers,

Many of us have been using the free version of BBEdit: Text Wangler.  Support for the free version has been ended, but I had never found the time to upgrade to BBEdit - until now.  Bare Bones Software is having a sale.  The code is: WINTERFEST2018 and is valid until January 14th.  The promotion is noted on the store website.

https://www.barebones.com/store/

However, you will need to type the promotional code to get the discount during checkout.  If you do you'll save $10 on BBEdit.  That was good enough for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a genuine copy of BBEdit.  So if any of you are in need of some incentive . . . . . well now what are you waiting for! . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Bare Bones Software sale
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:41 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Edouard. I've been freeloading off them for years and following your example, just used that coupon to buy the full version of BBEdit, which is a terrific editing app.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Bare Bones Software sale
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »
Thanks! I've been using the expired version in lieu of Text Wrangler since the latter was shelved.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
You are both welcome! (Re: Bare Bones Software sale)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:03:58 PM »
Dear Blick, Steve, and WeatherCat bargain hunters,

You are most welcome!  All this comes as a bit of a surprise to me since . . . .

• I barely remembered to buy a copy for myself . . . .
  • I almost lost the promotion in my email trash folder!

Definitely a case of all's well that ends well!  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]