Author Topic: iPad version 2.0 update  (Read 4131 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iPad version 2.0 update
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
WeatherCatPad (WeatherCat for the iPad) version 2.0 update is available for download from the Apple App Store.
This is a major update and is free for purchasers of WeatherCatPad.

The first thing you?ll notice is that the ?Edit? and ?Settings? text buttons have been replaced by graphic buttons. There are also some new graphic buttons. Tap the button with the ??? to display help popups describing what the buttons do. Tap anywhere in the background to make the help balloons go away.

A major addition is multiple layouts. You can make customized layouts for the various seasons or just to be creative. Select them by tapping the layouts button and tapping the layout you want. Like the previous version, the background can be a solid color or an image from your photo library. New to version 2.0 is the addition of some abstract images that you can also select for the background. If you are updating from version 1.1, your original layout will be included in the list of the layouts included in the update.

The layouts can be shared, saved, or duplicated. Use the share button to email the layout to a friend or to yourself. The recipient of the email must have WeatherCatPad installed in order to import the layout. Why mail a layout to yourself? You can do this to save a copy of the layout or to import it back into your copy of WeatherCatPad. This creates a duplicate layout that you can edit. Thanks to elegache for the inspiration to add the multiple layout feature.

When you are editing a layout and tap an indicator to select it, you?ll see more graphic buttons and a new kind of indicator, the ?Big Digits? indicator. You can display the Big Digits in one of seven colors and three sizes. It?s great for viewing a measurement from across the room. Thanks to Doc for suggesting this new indicator.

You will now see changes in the indicator the moment you select an option. You get immediate verification of the selection without the need to exit the options.

The Min-Max popup is added to the round gauges and the Big Digits. Tap on any indicator to see the Min-Max value if available. Tap on the background or the popup to make it go away.

This update also includes a number of bug fixes.

Many thanks to the beta test group for their contributions:

Blicj11
Doc
elagache
toadstone

and to the localization translators:

barzi and birinic (French)
meteoperugia (Italian)
wurzelmac (German)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: iPad version 2.0 update
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
Congratulations on the release!

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: iPad version 2.0 update
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »
This new version is loaded with cool new features and I appreciate the continued efforts of The Grand Poobah to improve the iOS experience for WeatherCatters. Nicely done, mate.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Very nice! (Re: iPad version 2.0 update)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:42:08 PM »
Dear Grand, Stu, Blick, and WeatherCat iOS fans,

WeatherCatPad (WeatherCat for the iPad) version 2.0 update is available for download from the Apple App Store.
This is a major update and is free for purchasers of WeatherCatPad.

I didn't get around to making this update until today because oddly, iTunes on my Mac didn't pick up the update.  I had to look up WeatherCatPad in the App store to get it to recognize the update.

Us beta-testers needed to delete the application which would have wiped out our layouts.  However now with the feature of sharing layouts, I emailed the old layout to myself before updating.  After installing the new version, I just had the layout opened by WeatherCatPad and presto, I had my nifty layout once more.

Pretty neat!  [tup]

Thanks Grand!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]