WeatherCat > WeatherCat Web Templates

WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates now available.

(1/18) > >>

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat fans,

Recently, I got a compliment for my own weather station web pages - definitely a nice surprise!  [bounce]

That got me thinking and  . . . . . . .   Ya'know I never did get around to updating my old SeaMonkey web templates for WeatherCat.  So I took a look and as I suspected, the only thing that needed to be changed was the version number tag and of course update as needed for da' Cat's name.  The documentation took a little more work, but with a few new screenshots, broken links repaired, etc., it is now up to snuff.  So I can happily announce that my humble SeaMonkey web templates are now available for WeatherCat.

You can see it in action at this address:

http://www.canebas.org/Weather/SeaMonkey/

If you like what you see, you can download it here:

http://www.canebas.org/WeatherCat/Web%20templates/WeatherCat%20SeaMonkey%20web%20template%20(0.5.2).zip

Even if you don't like what you see, you might find it worth your while to download it anyway at least if you are a newcomer to web pages.  The whole point of this website is that it can be edited with program like the SeaMonkey WYSIWYG HTML editor:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

You can also use a number of other WYSIWYG HTML editors like Blue Griffon.

So it is a way for folks who hate coding to have a nice looking weather website.  It also has very explicit instructions on how to set up a custom website using WeatherCat so it can be helpful as a "training wheels" website to get you familiar with how custom websites are implemented using WeatherCat.

There is one more reason why you might want to download this package, it includes very easy to use instructions on how to display a Google map on your website.  So if you want a map like this on your website:

Download this package and read up on how to get the Google maps API do generate something like this for your weather website.

Hope you'all enjoy it!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve:
Edouard,

The page looks nice! Thanks for adding the template to the tools we can use.

I'd make one small change. WeatherCat uses a slightly different tag for statistics the LWC did. You used to only need ST1$ for the full set of statistics. Now you need:

STRECORDS$
STRECENT$
ST1$

Thanks for your continued contributions.
Steve

Commodore:
Hi Edouard,

Thank you very much for updating the template! When I get the time to order and set up my weather station, which should be in the next couple of weeks, I will use your template.

Regards,
Mark

Blicj11:
Thanks for sharing Edouard. I have been looking for something to add stats to my page. This looks like a great place to start.

elagache:
Hi Steve, Mark, Blick, and WeatherCat fans,

Thanks guys.  Sorry it has taken me so long to do this.

--- Quote from: Steve on October 08, 2013, 02:36:51 AM ---I'd make one small change. WeatherCat uses a slightly different tag for statistics the LWC did. You used to only need ST1$ for the full set of statistics. Now you need:

STRECORDS$
STRECENT$
ST1$
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I recalled that something was out of whack, but I looked this over and thought that actually the annual data was a reasonable compromise to avoid overwhelming the viewer with data.  I think what I should do is add the other tags and document that they are there, but I'm not sure I should have them actually active, but instead comment them out.  What do folks prefer - is more statistics always better?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version