Author Topic: question to the experts  (Read 1172 times)

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
question to the experts
« on: November 09, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »
Hello

could you explain to me why the maximum gust of wind does not appear on the graph for example at this moment a gust at 47kts
or we can read just average speed of gusts on graph
thanks  [cheers1]

Jean fred from France :)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: question to the experts
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
Jean Fred:

On the graph, what is the name of each of the two items you are tracking? In English, they are labeled Series 1 and Series 2 in your Custom Graph Tool.
Blick

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 05:54:23 PM »
Hi

it's not a custom graph but a Simple Graph
I think i need to create a Custom Graph for maximum gust of wind but i think it's not possible just Wind Gust 10mn (certainly average wind gust 10mn )

thanks  [cheers1]

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 08:12:23 PM »
Bonjour Jean Fred,

This is indeed because it is measured over a 10 minute timeframe as mentioned in the manual http://data.trixology.com/downloads/WeatherCatUserManual.pdf.

AVERAGEWINDSPEED   Average wind speed (10-minute)
WINDGUST   Wind gust (10-minute)

It does beg the question what '10-minute wind gust' means for something spikey as wind gusts.... I do not have the answer.

Jos