Author Topic: Adjust Humidity Reading?  (Read 3572 times)

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
Adjust Humidity Reading?
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Hey all, Again some Strange stuff.
I have a sensor inside a Humidor along with 3 others.
My sensor that feeds the WeatherCat reads constantly LOWER than all the others.
Is there anything I might adjust to get the reading to post more as the rest of the sensors?
Just a thought I guess..
Jeff-N8NOE

[cloudsun]

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
Re: Adjust Humidity Reading?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
As you see in the Banner, it's reading about %50, while others are closer to %70...

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Time to trade cigar for better hardware!! (Re: Adjust Humidity Reading?)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, while it is on the do-it list for Stu, you cannot fix bad data within WeatherCat.   However, . . . . .

Golly, Oregon Scientific doesn't make weather stations that are at the "top of the food chain."

If you've got enough money to have a Humidor and a Wine cellar, perhaps you should start up a special savings account to upgrade your Weather Station hardware.  I had an Oregon Scientific station that only lasted a year before components started to die on me.  Check around the WeatherCat forum, but there are some product lines that shall we say have - a very loyal following!!  8)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »
Thanks..
I'd been using this some time, but your Right not TOP-LINE stuff...
I know you can adjust Rain Gauge, but the Humidity is messed up..
NO wine Cellar (only for Cigars interim) and the Humidor should be all good when
it comes in. MAY start poking sticks and see what everyone is using?..
Give me a HINT what to look for? Once I put this up, I'd really not looked to much.
Jeff

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
I see the Davis Vantage Pro2, but would need some Temp/Humid. Sensor for inside the Humi..
The Idea I'm using now is I have the Indore sensor inside the humi, as a wall WX station shows me Temp in the room..
WOW, these have come a long way..

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Davis is expensive - but the best (Re: Adjust Humidity Reading?)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Hi Jeff and WeatherCat weather gadget collectors,

I can only check this forum only about once a day, so sorry but my replies will be slow at best.  My "other problem" is taking more and more of my time . . . . .

Yes Davis is more expensive but one of the main reasons for going with Davis is things like: you can adjust every instrument from the weather station and . . . . the vast majority of the time they are spot-on.  Davis has been in the business for decades and have specialized in the University/Professional Weather Station market.  Lots of station used by folks like the National Weather Service are Davis stations.  For amateurs like us there are two benefits: very accurate instruments and very tough reliable and trouble-free equipment.

As noted, these units are pricey, but you can get the price way down if you shop at the right places.  To do what you want, indeed you'll need a standard weather station setup (they come in assorted flavors - and price tags) then indeed you need some secondary instruments.  To do that you'll need at least one secondary data transmitter.  However, you might be able to get more than one probe connected to a single transmitter.  I don't have the need so I haven't looked into this though.

Given the price, it is well worth investing some time designing and planning your system.  There are some nice examples on the "sister" website to WeatherCat: MacWeather.net.  The link to user examples is:http://www.macweather.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77.

Everybody must be on vacation these days.  Lots of our regulars are missing.  However, you might want to start up a new thread either here on on MacWeather (or both) if you would like to pick the brains of the weather station "gurus" around here.  Another place to check out is WXForum.  It is a busy place, but lots of good info there.

Hope that is some help!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »
OK, I have the Humidor in now, and just making me mad I cant get the OS Meter to get to the %70 Humidity 4 others are reading inside the Humidor..
I use WeatherCat to read info Remote, and I have it on my Cigar page:    http://www.n8noe.us/cigar.html
I am using the INTERNAL sensor, and a spare on Ch.3 to look inside the room while I'm here. The Reason is I cant use another sensor and see it via the Webpage or WeatherCat.
I Can't Believe the OS WMR is %20-LOW in Reading while 4 others (3 actual Humidor Electronic Sensors and the internal AccuMonitor Humidification system:  http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html ) are all with in %2 or the Stated
%70 Humidity... I'd Love to be able to just the Sensor, but pulling the cover there is just a PAD Sensor that sends to the Transmitter, If I could figure the correct Resistance to remove inline and
trace it to a point I could Change a single Resistor to allow the difference I would be happy..
I'd think not Every system is this far off, but to make everyone happy (CWOP, Weather Underground, Etc.) an adjustment would be a good thing to have to bring it to the corrected level.

Would there be a way to add just a better more calibrated Sensor (Like the Davis) to a WMR system, or have WeatherCat See an added Station at the same time?..

Gman19

• Gentle Breeze
    • KD4TJG
    • KNCKERNE9
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2+, WeatherLinkIP, WeatherCat running on iMac Pro (2017),3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W,64 GB RAM
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
Just a thought,
The best prices I've found on Davis equipment is at www.provantage.com in the event you want to go with Davis.

Just got my Vantage Pro2+ from them nearly $400 off list.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Calibration is available in V1.1B866 - http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=441.0

Give it a bit to get tested then give it a try - should be able to fix your humidity sensor.

Cheers,
stu.