Author Topic: Wiki info on using CronniX to start and stop WeatherCat  (Read 2056 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Wiki info on using CronniX to start and stop WeatherCat
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Always best to strike the iron when it is hot, so I just went ahead and wrote up the WeatherCat wiki entry explaining how to start and stop WeatherCat on a schedule using CronniX.  If you are wondering how - here is how!!

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Using_CronniX_to_schedule_WeatherCat_to_restart

It's a bit sketchy.  Let me know if you'all need some more detail.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Added info on using iCal and AppleScript (Re: Wiki info)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans,

Randall sent me an email reminding that you can use iCal to trigger AppleScripts and that's much easier than using CronniX.  I've done that, but . . . . *sigh* I just never put the two pieces together. :-[

I had hoped to just edit my Wiki posting but I would really need to rename the page and that's hard to do in a Wiki.  So phooey!  I just wrote another page that describes how to use iCal instead of CronniX

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Using_AppleScript_and_iCal_to_schedule_WeatherCat_to_restart

So now you'all have two ways to do this and there is yet a third if you use Automator!!

Is this the ultimate case of more ways than one to skin a cat?   [cat]

;) Oops!!  I didn't say that!!  :-[

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

smdcat

• Calm
    • KCAMORAG2
Re: Wiki info on using CronniX to start and stop WeatherCat
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:56:12 PM »
Another way to do this under more conditions: sleep, awake, restart etc is the scenario app.  Costs $5 tho.  See my other post today under iMac sleep issues
Cheers-smdcat