Author Topic: Multiple Day Types on same day  (Read 1461 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Multiple Day Types on same day
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:47:44 PM »
I have noticed with WeatherCat version 2.x there are at least two situations in which more than one day type is reported for the same day. This is not necessarily a bad thing; I'm just posting this to see if anyone has any comments. Now that we have the ability to create day types and Stu gave us the snow editor, we will start to report multiple day types for the same day.

For example, we could have a a rain day and a windy day on the same day. This is fine. However, we will also be reporting a snow day and a rain day for the same day. The snow day is automatically reported when we enter the snow amount in the snow editor and a rain day is automatically reported for the same day when the snow melts in the collector cup.

While we want to measure both the snowfall and its moisture content, it is not necessarily ideal to report both a rain day and a snow day.

Likewise, when we are able to create day type for an Ice Day (temperature never climbs above freezing during the day) we will be reporting both a frost day and an ice day on the same day.

I'm not sure anything can be done to address this. I'm not even sure it should be. But I am interested in your thoughts.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Multiple Day Types on same day
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »
Interesting, I've recently added heating degree days and cooling degree days to the Pegasus code set - these can optionally be displayed on the year over year stats, but I think what you're looking for here is some kind of logic between day types to say AND ITS NOT AN X type of day? Problem with that is you could end up displaying nothing if all the mutually exclusive day types are active :)