Author Topic: Web Page Weather Alerts  (Read 3569 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Web Page Weather Alerts
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »
Have any of you fiddle with placing live updating NWS weather alerts on your custom web pages? I know Ken's AJAX/PHP version does, but I was hoping to add a box with advisories, watches and warnings on my custom page.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Re: Web Page Weather Alerts
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
I put Weather Advisories on my main page.  I have a Alert Summary on the top right with a link that you click and it takes you to the full text alert at the bottom of the main page. I have some very site specific perl and ksh scripts that are updated using cron.   Quite a few of the fields like 5 day forecast are parsed from the wunderground xml feeds. Unfortunately, what I have is not very portable and is *very* specific to my use.

nowait

tigers

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:13:05 PM »
Yep! I have this working on my latest template via the wunderground API. It shows up in the header and is clickable to get the full detail. Note that of there are no alerts then the box is hidden. Also, the alert can be clicked but the pointer still shows as a text selector (gotta fix that). Im out fir the next week but I hope to post up an initial beta version when I get back. Keep checking the page at wx.atkinsfamily.org and maybe an alert will show; it's definitely that time of year.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
I have some very site specific perl and ksh scripts that are updated using cron.

Thanks, but I don't speak whatever language you were typing in, so I'd be out of luck with that! :)  Hopefully Todd's will be something I can figure out and add to the page.

Thanks guys!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook