Author Topic: Globe.gov  (Read 2137 times)

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Globe.gov
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
This is more for me than probably anyone else.  However, does anyone submit data to Globe.gov?

I am submitting it via WeatherlinkIP  and sadly it only does atmospheric,    I have been sending data for almost 20 years now and had been sending it via an email method.  Weatherlink for the PC  generates the thing in the correct format, so I would just copy and paste into an email and mail it off.    However, being with the Mac,  that isn't an option.  Weatherlink as we know is lacking and there isn't any software out here that does that.

Kind of frustrating, but i am working with sending only atmospheric.  If more than me do that task, I would ask  that Weathercat would be able to generate the soil sensors in the format that they use so those could be sent either automatic or manual.

Weatherdisplay used to do that for me, on the PC version, but here we are.
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Globe.gov
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:58:33 PM »
Joe,

I know we've commented on the Globe.gov site in the past, but I don't recall anyone who is participating.

How does Globe gather your data? Do they look at your web site for a data.txt file like AWEKAS? Or is it sent like WU? If the former, I would think that we could come up with a template to use with any data that WeatherCat has tags for. It currently supports 4 leaf wetness sensors and 4 soil temp/moisture sensors.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Re: Globe.gov
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »
right now,  Weatherlink IP on the Davis Weatherlink site  has a provision for sending data in a particular format. 
DAVAD USIAXABV 22131 201611090630 1.2 93 0.0 M 0.0 M 0.00 0.00 0.0 1030.1

Where the first three items on the left tell what kind of data, the station name and station ID, then the date and time in UTC then the data

it is sent at about 30 min. intervals as far as I can find out.  I asked Davis multiple times to fix their site so it can send soil data as well, but you know davis instruments.
Complete instructions for Email Data Entry can found at http://www.globe.gov/documents/10165/0/GLOBE+Email+Data+Entry+Instructions.html
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary