Author Topic: New CWOP Server  (Read 4825 times)

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
  • Station Details: Dedicated Mac Mini 2014, 2.5GHz 8 GB DRAM 12.6.5, Davis Vantage Pro2, Solar, UV, Soil & Leaf, and the wireless Remote Anemometer / SHARX SCNC3905 Camera /Bloomsky 2 with Storm / PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor
New CWOP Server
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »
There is a new CWOP server up and working this morning.  I have seen one packet from WeatherCat while watching it. It is CWOP-5 and information about it is given here,

http://www.wxqa.com/checkservers2.html

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Should we "adjust our sets?" (Re: New CWOP Server)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:12:39 PM »
Howdy Phillip and WeatherCat fans,

There is a new CWOP server up and working this morning.

Yup, thanks for the link and indeed at least one enterprising WeatherCat user is submitting to CWOP-5.

Should we modify our CWOP settings to take advantage of this additional server?

I hate to ask, should WeatherCat get a tweak eventually to allow it take advantage of these additional servers?  Does the CWOP program have any clever load balancing feature that allow clients to avoid overloaded servers?

Thanks for the info!  I didn't realize that the CWOP program had added this much capacity.  If I count correctly, there are now 10 servers we can upload to.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
  • Station Details: Dedicated Mac Mini 2014, 2.5GHz 8 GB DRAM 12.6.5, Davis Vantage Pro2, Solar, UV, Soil & Leaf, and the wireless Remote Anemometer / SHARX SCNC3905 Camera /Bloomsky 2 with Storm / PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor
Re: New CWOP Server
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
Edouard,

I don't have an answer to questions. CWOP-2 has had a number of issues in the past.  Note that CWOP-5 is in Helsinki.

We still do not have a way to put our validation code  in for the CWOP Core servers. Or do we? What is the Passcode box for in the screenshot? I do not have a validation code to enter anyway. See  http://wxqa.com/servers2use.html

Now I'm really confused. This would be a good time to read the Cat's User Manual.

I do not see WeatherCat on this page. Why not?  http://wxqa.com/cwop_info.htm

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
By using cwop.aprs.net as the server, your packets will rotate to all the tier3 servers. I should be using the core or tier2 servers with my callsign as my station ID. I'll look into that. See my packet info:

This information is available at http://wxqa.com/search.htm

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:06 AM »

We still do not have a way to put our validation code  in for the CWOP Core servers. Or do we? What is the Passcode box for in the screenshot? I do not have a validation code to enter anyway. See  http://wxqa.com/servers2use.html

Hi Philip,
If you have a call-sign, you can put your passcode there - this is also referred to as password or validation code in various CWOP documentation.

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
Very good, Stu. I'll get a validation code and give it a try.  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
So factory defaults a-okay? (Re: New CWOP Server)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
Howdy Phillip, Stu, and WeatherCat fans,

By using cwop.aprs.net as the server, your packets will rotate to all the tier3 servers.

That's the first server WeatherCat tries and I'm back with "da' factory defaults."  So I assume I'm doing the best I can to be a good network citizen?

Opinions appreciated!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

;)
P.S. So if WeatherCat has "factory defaults?"  Is WeatherCat made in a factory?  If so, I do do hope it is a domestic factory employing local Scottish cats.  I would hate to learn WeatherCat is manufactured only by Siamese cats . . . . . .  [lol2]

dogear

• Gentle Breeze
    • Dilligaf Ranch
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 fan aspirated, UV and Solar, Mac Mini Dedicated, OS 10.6.8
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »
Hello all. Putting cwop.aprs.net in slot #1 got me low data reliability. Even though Weathercat was set to upload data every ten minutes data regularly took upwards of 25 minutes to show up on the findu page. Data throughput has improved considerably when I use the actual server address rather than rely on cwop.aprs.net to serve the data out to the proper server. I put  cwop1.ou.edu in slot 1, cwop.tssg.org in slot 2, cwop2.ou.edu in slot 3 and cwop.aprs.net in the last slot. I seem to have better data throughput using these servers rather than "factory default" Cheers all

mikemacv

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »
It seems that my Data is not uploading to CWOP It all started the other day when i Had to shut down my MacPro for few days  I have check everything  I think .   Weathercat says it is sending Data  but now it says on the CWOP site been 8 Hours

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW9439&last=12

Any help would be great
Mike

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 12:11:34 AM »
My first guess is that the CWOP server is having a problem. You can try turning CWOP off and back on in WC preferences or even try restarting WC. I have had this happen from time to time and it generally clears itself after a while.

mikemacv

• Calm
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »
I did that also bothCWOP off I restarted WC also
What is funny in WC  it showed 1235 reports then when I restarted WC it showed 1 report then now shows 13 reports but now on CWOP it shows it has been 12 hours

mikemacv

• Calm
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 03:55:58 AM »
will it seems to be working now I also read the post above mine and change the to other server address will see if it keeps working I,m thinking it is CWOP site maybe
thanks for the info