Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137739 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
Its going to be slightly tricky because there are some things I will need to pull from the db, so it might take a bit longer. I will try to finish it tomorrow.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2016, 09:24:39 PM »
So for today at least this :-)

http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=1226

Make sure you watch the blog I released several other new things/updates today, I will not be posting about each here, I dont want to spam here, so ideally just use the blog RSS or check it there and then.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2016, 06:51:39 AM »
Its going to be slightly tricky because there are some things I will need to pull from the db, so it might take a bit longer. I will try to finish it tomorrow.

Jachym,
just as info: All things that are displayed on this site come straight out of WeatherCat - so maybe its easier to add some tags to realtimeMT.txt than to extract data out of the database? As said, just to bring it in mind.
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2016, 04:26:11 PM »
I know, but that would again require updating the plugin, I dont want to update stuff to often, it annoys people when things change too often ;)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
Hi guys,

I updated the WeatherCat plugin, please see the blog for more info about the update - what is new and how to update the plugin.

And based on that I also created the Live Gauges plugin version for WeatherCat, please also see the blog for more info. Please let me know if it works, my testing possibilities for WeatherCat are very limited. This is more or less experimental and if there are any problems I will try to update it and solve them. You need to first update the weatherCat plugin for this to work.

DEMOs:
http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/liveGaugesWD/index.php

NOTE: in the demo, simply replace index.php with index2.php, index3.php,....index9.php to see the versions you can choose from. Again, just follow the instructions in the blog and plugin documentation.
Enjoy

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »
Installed, but not shown in any menu - where should the link be visible? Weatherstation, Weather, Home? And whats the name of the link?

Cheers,
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2016, 05:25:11 PM »
Hi,
did you update your menu.php?

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
Hi,

don't know how to *update* my menu.php except to reload it - is this correct?

The direct request (for example http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/template/plugins/liveGaugesWC/index8.php ) does work.
Whhoomm, looks good!

:)
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »
Wiki :))) Its all there :)

When you install a new plugin, you need to update menu.php, i.e. you need to go to the Downloads section at meteotemplate.com, in the left menu select Menu and download the updated menu.php. Then replace the original menu.php of your template with the new file.
When I release a new version of the template, the menu.php includes links to all the available plugins. However, when I release a new plugin after template release, obviously this plugin is not included in the original menu, so you need to get the updated file.

Wiki wiki :)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
Understood.

All other PlugIns are working without a scratch, so I didn't thought about that.

OK,
http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/template/plugins/liveGaugesWC/index.php would be my favorite.  :)

But nothing compares to this:
http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/template/pages/station/live.php  [sun2]

But if adding a new Plugin I will have to rework the whole menu.php -  [computer] - Lets start on.  ;)
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »
Hi,
well yes, all the other ones worked, since you probably installed plugins that were released before v9 was out so those were already included in the menu.

Please read the wiki, I explained in detail how it works and what you need to do. You have two options - either use the default menu or use your own, in which case you always need to add the links manually.

I dont like steel series :D - but feel free to include them, just that I wont include them in the template by default ;)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »
http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/wiki/wiki7GB.php

Section 1.3

About 4 long paragraphs about how it works with examples...

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
I dont like steel series :D - but feel free to include them, just that I wont include them in the template by default ;)

This is something I really couldn't follow your strategy: They are so smooth and fully customizable in look & feel. But apart of that - your template is amazing!
 [rock]
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »
Working prefect, Jachym. Maybe an option within the settings to choose wich template (index 0 to 9)?
 ThU32:-)
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »
You simply rename the one you want to use to index, so if you want to use index6, you rename index6 to index, the index is the one loaded from the menu ;)