WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

No wind direction pointer tvOS

(1/2) > >>

crawdad62:
Have WeatherCat installed on a couple of ATV 4?s. None are showing the wind direction pointer in gauge view. Any ideas?

Blicj11:
Welcome to the WC Forum Crawdad62. I can't help you on this, but the Grand Poobah, who developed the app just left on a holiday to Italy. He said he would monitor the forum when he gets access to the web so be patient until he surfaces. WeatherCat apps can't compete with a trip to Florence.

crawdad62:
Thanks. Nope you?re right. Sounds like a great trip. I certainly can wait ThU32:-)

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote from: crawdad62 on September 09, 2017, 02:01:10 AM ---Have WeatherCat installed on a couple of ATV 4?s. None are showing the wind direction pointer in gauge view. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing that out (couldn't resist). I confirmed it on my WeatherCatTV 1.3 installation as well.

I suspect it was caused by a tvOS update that nullified my pointer-drawing code. I will look into it.

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote from: The Grand Poohbah on October 02, 2017, 07:14:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: crawdad62 on September 09, 2017, 02:01:10 AM ---Have WeatherCat installed on a couple of ATV 4?s. None are showing the wind direction pointer in gauge view. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing that out (couldn't resist). I confirmed it on my WeatherCatTV 1.3 installation as well.

I suspect it was caused by a tvOS update that nullified my pointer-drawing code. I will look into it.

--- End quote ---

The cause of the missing pointer is not an iOS update. It is I. I am embarrassed to say that I did not include the pointer artwork in the build. I don't how many times I looked at the wind direction gauge and saw a pointer that wasn't there. It's an easy fix, but I also checked WeatherCatTV using the simulator for the new Apple TV 4K. Glad I did. The layout for the additional pixels needs fixing. I will have a new update to WeatherCatTV in the Apple Store as soon as I can get my hands on a real Apple TV 4K to test the changes. In the meantime, if you get an Apple TV 4K before I do and notice that the screen for WeatherCatTV is jumbled, don't despair. The update will fix that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version