Author Topic: From the top of North America...  (Read 2501 times)

ELO

• Gentle Breeze
    • KCOBRECK14
    • Weather in the Highlands
  • Station Details: Old Davis WMII, Heated Rain Collector, Mac Mini
From the top of North America...
« on: March 09, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
I'm just another refuge from WeatherLink for the Mac coming to you from the rafters of North America. My home and station sit at 9,750' in Breckenridge, Colorado. I'm using an old Davis Weather Monitor II station with a heated rain collector added (our precipitation for 6 months of the year is in solid form). WeatherLink was working ok, but as I'm sure folks here know, there is very little flexibility, some things such as Daily Rain didn't work with the WMII and ultimately, I feared for it each time I updated the Mac OS. Finally, the desire to get rid of as many Java apps as possible from a 24/7 machine pushed me over the edge and I found WeatherCat. Thank heaven!

My site at wx.oshlo.net is a relatively simple set of static pages that are part of a larger personal site that was designed using Sandvox. Thus far I've just translated them from WL tags to WC tags with few significant modifications. Now it's time to think about things WL didn't support such as Wunderground and better web pages.

The only thing I miss from WL is the month to date NOAA report or some way to export similar data to a spreadsheet. I also wish there was a data importer so I could incorporate my 7+ years of weather history. I've seen a few potential workarounds in the forum and probably will try those. Losing all that data is a major concern.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: From the top of North America...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:51 PM »
Hi Rick and a warm welcome from Yoxford, Suffolk,  [cheers1].

John

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
Welcome!

Reinhard
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: From the top of North America...)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »
Welcome Rick to the WeatherCat forum!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »
Welcome Rick
 Glad you found WeatherCat and it is working for you
and welcome to the forum
 [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:56:51 PM »
Welcome, Rick!

A WeatherLink to WeatherCat import tool seems to be THE most requested feature here on the forum, followed closely by WU to WeatherCat importer. I'd imagine that is at the top of Stu's list.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook