Author Topic: Cute mini caravan built up like a caboose!  (Read 3273 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Cute mini caravan built up like a caboose!
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:10 PM »
Dear WeatherCat caravan fans,

Yeah, I know.  This is a weather software forum, not a caravan forum, but this eBay listing was just too cute not to share!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322546599917?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is a tiny trailer, similar to a teardrop, but instead built up to resemble a railroad caboose!  While I would never subject my trusty wagon to towing something like this, it is surprisingly well done both in terms of practicality and in the appearance of the caboose.

If this doesn't give you a smile!  :) . . . . . I don't know what can!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Cute mini caravan built up like a caboose!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 02:53:41 PM »
What?! No coal/oil stove!! No access to the cupola?!!! No marker lights?!!!! Wrong font for the railroad!!!! Completely inappropriate "truck(s)"!!!!! HERESY!!!!!! cmu:-) Doubt if the real thing ever had a 'frig' much less A/C!

OTOH, it looks much more mobile than the full-size model...  ThU32:-)

Now, lets see the 'motive power'! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Don't give them any ideas!! (Re: Caravan built up like a caboose!)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat "car guys" who are also train nuts!

Now, lets see the 'motive power'! [lol]

[wink] . . . .  Don't give them any ideas!  Considering the glut of custom car reality shows out there, how hard could it be to make a car look like a Diesel locomotive! . . . .   [biggrin]

The 64-dollar question is whether or not Jay Leno will jump into the fray with a steam-powered car that looks like a steam locomotive!!  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Cute mini caravan built up like a caboose!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:01:03 AM »
Clear violation of US copyright law there. Lawsuit waiting to happen. Hope Steve didn't buy it; we'd have to turn him in.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Dear Blick and WeatherCat nitpickers, . . .

Clear violation of US copyright law there. Lawsuit waiting to happen. Hope Steve didn't buy it; we'd have to turn him in.

Actually, the issue isn't copyrights but the trademark of the company Union Pacific.  The name "Union Pacific" in that font and style was made into trademark and the company certainly could sue anybody wanting to replicated it.  Nonetheless, there is one obvious place where such trademarks have been used without shame (or apparently fear): model railroading.  Only recently have I seen companies indicating that a particular model or decal actually has been licensed from the railroad company.  The actual railroads have everything to gain and nothing to lose really when model railroaders create miniatures of their equipment, so I don't know what caused the change.  It might actually be some sort of a promotional ploy for the model maker and the railroad.

Cheers, Edouard