Author Topic: Wunderground Update problem  (Read 3638 times)

Mtn.Marty

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW4707
    • KNCASHEV25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue
Wunderground Update problem
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:07:42 PM »
Hi WC folks. My Wunderground updates are failing without an obvious reason. I've got a good internet connection, the station is communicating fine with WC on my Mac, CWOP uploads are running fine. I've tried restarting WC and I've checked the preferences for WC and everything seems normal. Could this be related to daylight savings time change? Help?

Mtn.Marty

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW4707
    • KNCASHEV25
Re: Wunderground Update problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
On further investigation, I've noted that none of the Wundergound stations that I monitor are reporting either. Must be a Wunderground Problem.

Mtn.Marty

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW4707
    • KNCASHEV25
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
Everything back to normal now. Thanks all... lol(1)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Probably server upgrades (Re: Wunderground Update problem)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:33:06 PM »
Dear Mtn.Marty and WeatherCat data submission junkies,

Hi WC folks. My Wunderground updates are failing without an obvious reason.
 . . . . .

I also had a spell of Weather Underground submission failures.  This is a situation where my WC Status Growler Applescript becomes really annoying.  I had Growl notifications of Wunderground submission errors popping up on my display like spring weeds.  However, it only occurred for brief period of around 5 minutes or so.  Sunday mornings are probably among the best time for network administrators to shuffle their servers around.

I agree that the acquisition of Weather Underground hasn't thus far brought many changes that benefit us data submitting users, but clearly they are making quite a few changes to the infrastructure.  Perhaps upgrading that infrastructure was the highest priority for a good reason.

Cheers, Edouard 

senorwx

• Gentle Breeze
    • KNHKEENE28
  • Station Details: Davis VantagePro2 - iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 6 GB Memory - OS X v 10.13.6
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
Hi!
Just re-establishing my station in the US and am using WC 2.44. The WU just doesn't start! It seems in an early part of the setup I had a feed for a while with the previous version of WC. Is it possible this new iteration of WC has a problem with WU. Feed to CWOP is going just fine! Attached is the state of WC.

Ideas?

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
I tend to suspect a problem on WU's end, but the image you post sure looks like nothing is happening. [banghead]

I was going to suggest you check the "Log Sent Data", but you already have the log for Historical Uploads checked. Still, WC may not send that as often as the current data, so it might be easier to find an entry for any/all data sent. Search for "Wunderground" in Console (All Messages). I'm seeing "Historical" data uploading every 10 minutes, yours is probably different.

Of course, it's won't hurt to double-check your password...

Just saw a post, in another thread, by The Dev. There are several suggested steps that might help you. Re: WeatherCat quits sending data to weather underground His post is the last one, right now...
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »
Hi!
Just re-establishing my station in the US and am using WC 2.44. The WU just doesn't start! It seems in an early part of the setup I had a feed for a while with the previous version of WC. Is it possible this new iteration of WC has a problem with WU. Feed to CWOP is going just fine! Attached is the state of WC.

Ideas?

It's possibly uploading historical data in the background and won't start real-time updates until it's finished. Open WeatherCat's Log window from the Tools menu - it'll be logging them there if it is.

If it is, you can either wait for them to finish or simply toggle off historical uploads, wait for it to start real-time transmissions and then switch the historical uploads back on.

Cheers.

senorwx

• Gentle Breeze
    • KNHKEENE28
  • Station Details: Davis VantagePro2 - iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 6 GB Memory - OS X v 10.13.6
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:02 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, but to no avail. I?ve solved the problem by moving WC to my five year old iMac and all went smoothly. Same settings for WU as on the newer MacBook Pro. Go figure. I know this doesn?t help resolve what was wrong with my first setup, but my problem is solved. First time my Vantage Pro 2 has had a chance to display below zero temperatures! Daily here in NH!
 [freeze]

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »
I have also problems to update WU. Updates stopped 20.12. I have tryet with and without send historical data, but that does not help...
Here is screenshot for my settings.
The log says WeatherCat is trying to upload data from 13.7.2015, but when looking from WU there is no missing data from that day. When the 13.7.2015 is uploaded it displays error  Wunderground: Historical record upload FAILED. The it starts again from day 12.7.2015 and this continues to again until 13.7.2015 23:35 is coming.

Sry for my English.  [snow]

wvdkuil

• Strong Breeze
    • DW8113 (D8113)
    • IVLAAMSG47
    • Weatherstation Wilsele/Leuven/Belgium
  • Station Details: VantagePro2+ UV,Solar - Macbook/Mini
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
I have also problems to update WU. Updates stopped 20.12. I have tryet with and without send historical data, but that does not help...
Here is screenshot for my settings.
The log says WeatherCat is trying to upload data from 13.7.2015, but when looking from WU there is no missing data from that day. When the 13.7.2015 is uploaded it displays error  Wunderground: Historical record upload FAILED. The it starts again from day 12.7.2015 and this continues to again until 13.7.2015 23:35 is coming.

Sry for my English.  [snow]
Yours is probably another problem. https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33465.msg339978
Check that topic, there are a lot of users who can not access their data after 19-22 december 2017.  They use different weather-programs so probably it is a problem at WU again, not a Weathercat (or Cumulus or MB or other weather-programs) problem.

Support of Leuven-Template&Scripts: https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Support and demo for the PWS_Dashboard (also for WeatherCat)  https://pwsdashboard.com/ 
My PWS at home https://weer.sluispark.be/
And at my daughters house https://www.weerstation-herent.be/

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
I was thinking that the problem could be in WU, not in software. Thank?s Wim for pointing this up!  ThU32:-)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »
WU's servers are not very reliable these days. Problems are almost always on their end. Their new ownership spent money to update their cosmetic appearance but the backend software that made it work so well for years appears to have been outsourced to people who are in over their heads and still solving calculus problems on their slide rules.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55:49 PM »
Sadly, that is a server issue. Try switching off historical uploads in the Wunderground preferences so it resumes real-time transmissions.

If it's still giving errors try switching off Rapid Fire (or on if your not using it) - the URL's are slightly different in both cases and it may be one is working whilst the other isn't.

Although do note that as of this time they do appear to be totally down - not even PWS web pages are updating for me at the moment...