Author Topic: WCT-realtime.txt not updating  (Read 2996 times)

rasarisi

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0704
    • KCTBETHA4
    • BlueBirds Knoll
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless & Vantage Vue Wirelless Console
WCT-realtime.txt not updating
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
Hey guys

Very strange issue -- I was having some communications issue with the driver crashing on my mac pro, so I copied all the files and directories for weatherCAT over to a new machine per the instructions.  it worked on the new machine with one problem, the WCT-realtime would get uploaded to my website but the data never changed from 05/09/12|16:59:19 -- okay so figuring that I messed something up I moved it back to the other machine.  Same issue although the file wct-realtime is uploaded to my site the data still indicates 05/09/12|16:59:19.

What am i missing?  WeatherCat shows the correct data from the station, meaning its up to date.

Thanks
Rich

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Re: WCT-realtime.txt not updating
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
Make sure the template file for WCT_realtime.txt still has unparsed WeatherCat tags in it.  The file may have been overwritten by a parsed copy, so the weather conditions remain the same forever (until the template file is replaced) :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

rasarisi

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0704
    • KCTBETHA4
    • BlueBirds Knoll
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless & Vantage Vue Wirelless Console
Re: WCT-realtime.txt not updating
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »
yep the file some how got over written, I don't recall pointing anything there to make that happen but indeed there were other files in that directory that didn't start there.  I deleted them all and put the original file back.  All is working well, thanks for your help

Rich