General Category > General Computing/Macintosh

Moving to a new Mac

(1/2) > >>

WeatherguyNH:
Hi Weathercat fans:

I am hoping someone else has faced this......

I need to retire my 10 year old Mac Pro....just bought a new iMac, still in the box. Running Mojave.
I DO NOT want to use migration assistant to bring all of my applications over, since there is a lot of crap in the old Mac accumulated over 10 years of use.
I'd like to start fresh.
I realize that I can just download and install Weathercat on the new Mac, but how do I bring over all of the data the application has collected over the past?
Is all of that in a single folder somewhere?
Also, I remember there was a driver I needed to install to get the Mac to read data from my Davis Weather Logger. Is that still required?

I appreciate any help and advice...

Thanks

Rich

xairbusdriver:
This should help: wiki.trixology.com title=Moving_a_WeatherCat_installation_from_one_computer_to_another

WeatherguyNH:
My gosh!

That is perfect...

Thank you!!!

Blicj11:
WeatherguyNH:

Let us know how your experience went following the Wiki article. Does anything there need to be clarified or changed? It was perfect the last time I had to use it but something may have changed.

Congrats on your new kit. Nothing like the thrill of a new iMac after all those years.

WeatherguyNH:
Will do.
It sits in a box on the floor of my office.
I will be cracking the seal this weekend with a SLOW beginning, since I won't be using migration assistant. I don't want to bring 10 years of crap over....starting fresh...we'll see how that goes.

Thank you again for the help.

Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version